What's new

F-Zero GX looking smooth! (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Oh, yeah. Can't wait for this one. :)

According to EB, 8/25 for F-Zero
12/1 for Mario Kart

Hopefully it's not that long of a wait....

Glen

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I just read the first impressions over at IGN, and I now realize that I simply cannot wait until August to own this game. Gentlemen, I'm importing!

EdR

Second Unit
from the IGN article:

It literally took some of us 20 to 30 tries to beat it. Some never could.
Honestly, this makes me not want to try the game. I'm all for a challenging game, but to have to try one course 30 tries to get through (or give up), I'm not sure that's a description of something fun.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Haven't even watched those videos (I don't want to ruin the game for myself anymore) and I'm already sold.

I should put a deposit on it soon. Damn, I'm never going to have the time/money to buy that X-Box.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I don't own a Gamecube (yet) but I think I'll wait for the eventual bundle with Mario Kart or F-Zero. F-Zero looks absolutely stunning...with the classic Mute City music in there too! :)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
hi guys..it's a week old so sorry for bringing it back up :P

but i'm looking forward to this one as well..does anyone know where we can download WS movies other than cube.ign.com
they require an insider subscription..i'm not quite ready to start shelling out for an online gaming site

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing F-Zero X a bit recently to get ready for this one! Despite that fact that the graphics are horrid in FZX, it's quite a fun (albeit somewhat frustrating) racer that I never really gave enough attention to.

Still like the original best though :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You know what Graeme the more I look at the movies I think I will too! Although the sequel looks like a blast it sewems to have that certain Sega feel to it. Hard to explain.. like the slick, slippery control of Sonic compared to the accurate & responsive control of Mario and the original F-Zero. Plus the speed definitely reminds me of Sonic (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well, I wasn't really comparing GX to the original since I haven't played it, but from what I've seen in the movies it looks more like F-Zero X than the original.

Now this isn't exactly a bad thing as I do like FZX, but they changed some things that I am not big on. The original has a much better speed boost system IMO. They both require different strategies, but I like having to either save your speed boosts for the last lap to make the last push into first place or figure out what part of the track is the best place to use your single boost over FZX's system of balancing your ship's damage vs using speed boosts.

But the main thing is the control. FZ1 got it perfect, and FZX could have easily emulated it a bit more to keep it perfect. The ship pivot/slide when you turn too much or without the lean really bothers me, if the ships didn't do that I'd be much happier with the game.

FZX has some fantastic track design though, and I can only hope that GX is as good, or better.

Anyway, I'm just a huge fan of the original game. It's my favorite SNES game (just a tad ahead of SF2) and one of my favorite racing games of all time. I'm also a huge fan of Segas arcade racers, so I hope the combination works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks