F/X Comedy - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ScottH, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Is anyone watching this? The first one wasn't great, but it was good enough to get me to keep watching. But I have to say it's gotten better with every episode. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in this forum about it. If you're into the 'Arrested Development' type humor, you might like it. It's not nearly as clever and polished as 'Arrested Development', but good nonetheless.

2. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I've been following the show as well as Starved which precedes it. ASIP so far has been worthwhile viewing. I also keep an eye open for what's playing on BBC America. Lately it's been Teachers and before that Green Wing.

3. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    Yes, I love both Starved and ASIP.

The problem I have is these are the first and only shows I have ever watched on f/x. Therefore, the only reason I even watched was shear luck. And so, I keep forgetting about them.

4. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

I thought the first one was the best one. But they've all been pretty funny.

5. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

I know this isn't the starved topic... But man is that show freaking funny.... ASIP is ok............ Not really peaked my interest thou..........

R~

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Its good to know not all comedy requires the canned laughter of people long dead ....... [​IMG]

7. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Starved is okay too, but what's ironic about that show is that I think it would be much better if they did away with the whole "eating disorder" device. I like the characters and the dialog, but as soon as they get into the whole eating disorders I lose interest.

I thought the last one was the best (when the one guy said he had cancer). I enjoyed the first one (obviously, since I kept watching), but I thought some of the racial jokes were forced and recycled.

8. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit