F Troop?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Jul 14, 2012.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I have S1/S2 of F-Troop on dvd and like to watch it from time to time. One of favorite episodes is the singing mountie, which had Paul Lynde as the singing mountie. I also like the chemistry of Storch/Tucker on the show!!

2. John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    I always find Frank DeKova very amusing as Chief Wild Eagle. He's very good at comedy after all those years of playing vicious gangsters and villains. Then there's Melody Patterson, who was sixteen years old when she began portraying the Wrangler Jane character.

3. younger1968

paul young
    I am agreement with Frank deKova as wild eagle. I watched the last three episodes of the series and they were classic, especially the one were O'Rourke and Agarn tried pass the chief as a private and he keeps going up the ranks. It is too bad today's tv does not have the comedians, like Tucker or Storch. I also have the real ghostbusters with Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch as well!!

4. John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    If you like Larry Storch, check out the two Gomer Pyle episodes he appears in, "The Wild Bull of The Pampas" (S4), and "The Wild Bull Returns" (S5). He is hilarious, as usual.

5. younger1968

paul young
    I took your advice and watch Larry Storch on Gomer Pyle and love him in the episode.

6. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    I love this show as well.
    Just went through season 1 and 2 a few weeks ago for the second time since acquiring the DVD's a few years ago and certainly will again a couple of years down the road. Season 1 especially has a lot of great episodes and is my favorite of the two. While I love season 2 as well, they switched the emphasis of the show away from their dealings with the Indians and running a saloon under the noses of the Army to other storylines like all those stupid episodes with a twin to a regular member of the cast which was used way too much. The show was worst off for such episodes in my opinion (Another one I'm not crazy about from season 2 is the German balloon episode). .
    And I wish season 2 had been B&W. I sure missed the classic introduction from season 1 when I watched season 2 (Which obviously had to be replaced when they switched to color). In fact I found myself fast forwarding through it on the season 2 discs for the most part. It just doesn't compare with season 1's opening.
    The cast was excellent. About the only change I'd make would've been keeping Roaring Chicken (Edward Everett Horton) on as medicine man. He sadly disappears after the first few episodes despite being great for the role.
    One thing puzzles me, all that work with various extracurricular business activities yet they're broke in multiple episodes. One would think they'd have quite a nestegg waiting for the day they leave the army....