What's new

F/S Pioneer CLD-D704 Laserdisc Player & LD's (Star Wars, Mission Impossible etc..) (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Greetings: :)

I am selling my Pioneer laserdisc player. It's the 704 model which many critics and consumers found to be the very best non-elite model Pioneer made. It was on par with the Elite -79 model as well. Regardless, it's been a fantastic LD player. I have the remote & manual as well. Cosmetically it's great, and also technically great. The braking mechanism is a bit slow though. Sometimes hitting stop on the remote or player will stop it just fine; other times it might take 15-20 seconds. Doesn't affect the image quality however. Just a bit of a nuisance. :) Below are some pics:

In this sale I am including these laserdiscs:

Star Wars Definitive Collection Set (all three ORIGINAL theatrical editions, plus bonus docs, trailers, and audio commentary) There are 9 discs total. Widescreen

Star Wars Special Edition Box Set (Remastered Special Edition releases with Dolby Digital AC-3). Sweet looking box cover art too :cool: Widescreen

Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace (Japenese Import-Subtitles)...many here and yonder will attest that the audio on this laserdisc blows the hell out of the dvd. Literally. This mix is for grown ups who like sound. The dvd mix was meant for Martha Stewart :D. Colors look better to me as well. Widescreen

Mission Impossible (Dolby Digital AC-3 & Widescreen). This remains the very best laserdisc audio mix I have ever heard. Yes, even sounds better than Ep. I. This is the most clean & dynamic audio mix....powerful and detailed.

$190 for LD player & LDs, shipping included:)

Send me a PM or email if interested.
Thanks for looking! :)

*SOLD*

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Awfully good LD player - I'd guess it's easily worth the asking price alone, at least. One advantage to the Star Wars boxes is that they contain extras and commentary not on the dvd set. And, of course, Phantom Menace is the original cut, with better sound (according to some). If you're a Star Wars enthusiast, you gotta have 'em.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Tim! Say it ain't so! I'm tearing up just reading this thread.

BTW, hell of a price. I thought I was getting a deal when I bought my 704 for 300 four years ago. Also, totally agree on the Mission Impossible DD track. Hell of a mix.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Reduced to $190 total including shipping. :) Need to sell this baby and it's companions. :D

Final chance....:cool:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey Sam, there is no RF-Demodulator. Of course the LD player has the input for one...but I sold mine already. Sorry. :)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Well...this great package is available again. Somebody buy this quick..............it's a great price and a great seller. Jump on it.............

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks