F/S PANASONIC PT-101N 3 Tube CRT Projector $99 WOW!

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Mike_Cif, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Mike_Cif

Mike_Cif Stunt Coordinator

Asking $150 , Orignally cost $3,999

Panasonic PT-101N 3 TUBE CRT Projector. I am the original owner of this unit, and honestly over the years it got very little use, maybe 200-300 hours.. very little. The unit itself is in MINT condition, although after turning it on after these years the pictures comes on although its rather dim. In any event, the unit itself has to be worth this amount just for the parts alone, not to mention that it still works minus a "dim" image issue.

If anyone lives near or in MICHIGAN we can arrange a pickup, or if you want this shipped contact me and I'll show you a freight company.

FEATURES:
    High luminance output: 650 lumens (typical) (at white peak).
    Superb resolution: RGB--more than 900 lines, Video--more than 600 lines.
    Ceiling or floor installation, front or rear projection.
    Wide range computer compatibility.
    Four broadcast system capability: PAL, SECAM, NTSC and M-NTSC 4.43.
    Inputs: RGBHV, Composite

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

oldschool. no other words for it i would gladly take it off you hands and even pay the shipping [​IMG] but im lacking the the 100$ u want for it.

3. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

Mike,

I don't have anyone close that could service the unit. Any idea why the dim image? It would certainly fit my needs but am sketchy of the problem it may have...

4. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

dim imagie he has probably comes from a damaged lens

5. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

Interesting. I would be interested in this, if only to excercise my TV troubleshooting skills. How much does it weigh, how large is it, and what kind of manuals do you have for it?

6. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

how dim is it. is it still a decent quality picture?

7. Mike_Cif

Mike_Cif Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner I've been busy the last few days. I am the original owner of this unit, I really never used it like I wanted or should have. In the past few years I've been back into home theater, but after turning this unit on is where I noticed that the image is DIM. Honestly, I have limited experience with CRT's, I bought this very inexperienced. While the image itself is DIM, it does still display an image which appears perfectly smooth and detailed. Adjusting the contrast does not affect the brightness.

The unit itself is 75ish pounds. I actually still not only have the original manual, but also the original brochure that I purchased it from! [​IMG]

If anyone is interested feel free to let me know, I'd love to get this out of the house before I move soon and I'm sure someone could put it some use.

Let me know!
    [​IMG]

8. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

I'm very interested. That said, I need to know more. Could you send me an eMail with details [better photos, scans from the manual, detailed descriptions of the trouble symptoms, &c.]? Additionally, what is the actual price, $99 or $150? You can get a moderator to change the thread title if need be.