F.S. Onkyo Tx-DA787

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Posey, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

I am selling my THX SELECT ONKYO TX-DS787 RECEIVER. I purchased it about a year ago alon with a 5 year extended warranty plan from ABC Wharehouse, an authorized Onkyo Dealer. It is in very good condition, but I do not have the original box and the manuel has been downloaded and printed from the website. I do have the original remote. I am reducing the asking price from 400.00 to 300.00 Shipped.

2. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

bump.

3. WillB

WillB Agent

Bump for a good deal.

4. Adrian_S

Adrian_S Second Unit

YGEmail!

5. NathanH

NathanH Stunt Coordinator

YGM

6. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

Ok how about 250 shipped?

7. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

ygm

8. Angelo.D

Angelo.D Auditioning

YGM

9. EmetW

EmetW Stunt Coordinator

Hey, if you still have it for $250 shipped, let me know. Thanks!

10. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

sold!

11. Steve_Moo

Steve_Moo Stunt Coordinator

Sold To a Sucker. 1st time I have ever been had. The Back end where the speaker Connector's are is smashed in and the Mains won't output sound. I am trying to work something out with the seller, but as yet no return to my e-mails. Anything I can do about this. My father is a lawyer, I will have to give him a call this weekend to see what he says. The guy was a really nice dude, but now I know why.

Anyone know how to handle a situation like this without taking to court. I paid through paypal with my check card can I call them to get them involved on a scam.

Thanks for the help. I have purchased many items on the web before, but the 1st time I have been screwed.

12. NathanH

NathanH Stunt Coordinator

I wondered why he didn't reply when I asked him if there were any problems with the unit...

13. Steve_Moo

I'm going to ask him if he e-mails me back to either refund me my money or refund me $100 and I will buy a seperate 2 channel amp. Everything else works fine on the Receiver. If not I will get my dad involved which means small claims court which will end up costing him the $250 plus Court Costs. I don't think it would be worth the $1000 for him, but we will see.

Anyone else have this happen to them and what did you do about it?

Thanks

14. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Anything about the extended warranty being true? If so, see if you can get it repaired (I doubt it, but doesn't hurt to try).

15. Steve_Moo

I'm still waiting on his e-mail back, but imagine if someone would have paid $400 for it like his orginal asking price. I doubt ABC Warehouse Warranty is true or why wouldn't he have sent it back himself. Thought maybe Fedex was to blame, but not a scratch on the box. I'm more mad that I have been had then I am about the money.

Anyone ever goto court over something like this? My dad is out of town until tomorrow, but I'm sure I know what he is going to say.

16. Adrian_S

Adrian_S Second Unit

You know, I was interested in this reciever, but decided against, I sent of my email in the begining, but I decided to go with HK Avr-325 from Onecall with warranty, because you just never know.... good luck!

17. Steve_Moo

Thanks for rubbing it in. Anyone know this guy. He left his Return Address on the Package which was not to smart.

18. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

Wait. what's going on. According to my tracking results I had has not been delivered yet. I just got home today and check out saw your email. No it was in good condition when I sent it out. If it is broken I will gladly give your money back. But before you get accuse me of ripping you off give me a chance to respond to your emails first.

19. Steve_Moo

Hes right I apologize. I jumped the gun and did not give him a chance to respond. He is working with me to fix the problem and I feel like an ass. Sorry again.

Steve