What's new

F.E.A.R. Great FPS (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Alma doing the crab crawl in the air duct made me go change my shorts!! lol

Great game. I would say right up there in terms of looks with Half Life 2. Some things look better than HL2 but sometimes a little too plastic. It took my favorite level from HL2, Ravenholm, and has so far expanded that creepy feeling throughout every level. Enemy AI is smart, hiding behind walls and boxes, flanking and taking alternate routes when encountering heavy fire. It also seems to take a good number of hits to take them down too, unless a headshot is made. Little details like the stone and dust that flys off a stone or brick wall when shot make for nice realism.

playing on:

MSI K8N neo platinum
AMD 3800+ Dual Core
2 GB OCZ
Evga 7800GT PCI Express with copper heatsink (2 frames per second slower than a stock 7800 GTX)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
is it demanding of hardware? i have plenty of ram and cpu power, but i have a 6600 non-gt. i should be able to get by, eh?

CJ

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Its very demanding, I would say almost ahead of currently available technology. As far as the nonGT I would say you can get by. My uncle runs an AMD Barton 2500+, 1 GB Corsair, and a 6600GT and gets by with settings at medium which still looks damn good. Frame rates above 40 fps also. Just be sure to download the lastest Nvidia drivers. There are beta drivers out there which work really well from what I've read but I stick with the true release drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks