What's new

F.B.I. from WBA (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
The Warner Archives website states that Season 3 Part 2 Of The FBI is newly remastered. However, the Warner Archives Website states that Season 3 Part 1 as well as The FBI Seasons 1 and 2 are NOT Remastered. Can someone comment about what this actually means? Do the episodes in Season 3 Part 2 Of The FBI look superior than the episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 and Season 3 Part 1? Thanks!
God Bless!
Robert

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Mike*HTF said:
/t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/180#post_3966329
Never seen anything like that on my discs.

Have you had scratch marks/circle marks on the shiny side of discs in other Warner Archive TV half volume/season sets?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jack, thanks for posting these updates/comments on the episodes in The FBI: The Third Season - Part One. Great news that the third season has been released by the Warner Archive, and hopefully the fourth season will follow soon (is it too much to suggest it might get released before the end of the year?). The third season's two volume sets should be made available to pre-order/purchase on Amazon.com and other DVD/Blu-ray shopping websites by the end of October (just a guess, as the latest Warner Archive film titles are strangely already available to purchase on Amazon.com when normally it's a wait of 30-60 days after the release date on the Warner Archive's website).

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard - Briefly glanced over both seasons of The F.B.I. & Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and noticed nothing like this.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Mike*HTF /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/210#post_3978009
Richard - Briefly glanced over both seasons of The F.B.I. & Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and noticed nothing like this.

This isn't meant in a confrontational way, but I find it a bit hard to believe that most or all people who collect Warner Archive TV show sets have perfect discs with no scratch marks whatsoever. Anyway, the discs in my copies of The FBI: The Second Season: Parts One & Two play fine. No disc playback problems.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by stuartfanning /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/180#post_3934512
I got the Season 2 The FBI DVD's from them recently. I ordered them separately and received them separately to avoid Customs charges. As it turned out they were mailed from within the UK, so I assume they bulk ship into the UK then repackage here. So they arrived in good condition.

Do you remember when The FBI: The Second Season - Parts One and Two were made available to pre-order, and then buy, on Movietyme? Just trying to get an idea of when the third season will be available to pre-order on there. Have checked this past week, and only the second season of The FBI is available to buy on Movietyme.

rwd11954

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ Dixon
Curious question about Season 3 since The FBI was a Quinn Martin show as was The Fugitive.
Anyone familiar with The Fugitive DVD releases is probably aware of the music substitutions that started with Season 2 and got mostly resolved by Season 4.
I have both volumes of the recent Season 3 DVD release of The FBI and the incidental music used in these episodes has a bit of a substituted "feel" to me. This incidental music sounds more generic than an extension of the opening and ending theme music, which the incidental music mirrored a lot in Seasons 1 and 2.
This all may be in my imagination as I haven't seen any of these episodes in decades, but the whole Fugitive thing made me wonder did they substitute any music in the remastering of Season 3, if in fact they did remaster. The quality of the video and sounds is fine, but not nearly perfect like Paramount remasters.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Warners has not been known to do any music substitutions that I'm aware of. In fact, the reason why a number of classic titles are being held up is *because* they want to take care of music issues and not have to go that route.
"The FBI" I would note did not rely too heavily on original music over the course of its run but would generally have just a few scores at most in a season and then recycle cues where appropriate.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is there any word yet on how far away a possible release of the fourth season of The F.B.I. is ? Hopefully, the fourth and fifth seasons will get released by the Warner Archive next year.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Got this answer from Warner Archive today. "S4 is currently in production. The wait will not be too much longer. Thanks." Great news as there's a particular S4 episode I've been waiting a couple years for!

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Great news! I picked up all 3 seasons a month or so ago, and have been watching them in sequence. I'm down to Season 3 part 2, so it's nice to know I won't have too long until season 4 comes out. This show, by the way, is absolutely excellent. I don't remember watching it when it originally aired, and it's never been in syndication anywhere I've lived or at least I wasn't aware of it. I'm glad to be able to enjoy these shows now that I'm older and can really appreciate them.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I picked up season 2 when it was on sale at Best Buy for $20 (half season sets). Still waiting for a decent price on season one. I'm holding off watching this, because like you, I'd like to see them in sequential order.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
jim_falconer said:
I picked up season 2 when it was on sale at Best Buy for $20 (half season sets).  Still waiting for a decent price on season one.  I'm holding off watching this, because like you, I'd like to see them in sequential order.
Warner Archive just had a series of sales in December. one sale had all TV shows at 35% off and another all at 25% off so it maybe a little while before the next big sale, probably the next big holiday. I blind bought Seaon one and Two in the spring of last year during a big sale. I'm halfway through Season 2, Vol. 1, I agree with above statements its a great show and might just be my favorite Quinn Martin show. I will definately be buying Season 3 and beyond.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 4 coming February 26. Thank you Warner Archive! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/FBI-Season-4/18092 Now let's see "Tarzan" S2 come soon as well.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Good news on Season 4 and good news on the continued Price drop on The F.B.I.. Season 1 and 2 were split season at $39.95 each. Season 3 still split season but $29.99 each. Now Season 4 is a complete Season for $49.99.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Randy Korstick said:
Good news on Season 4 and good news on the continued Price drop on The F.B.I.. Season 1 and 2 were split season at $39.95 each. Season 3 still split season but $29.99 each. Now Season 4 is a complete Season for $49.99.
I passed on the first 3 seasons as the prices were too high for me to replace my "alternate sources" that I had of the F.B.I.'s first 5 seasons, but now the price is more in tune with general wide release prices for TV season sets, and I think I'm ready to jump in. :D

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
It's weird that I hadn't received an email from WA letting me know about season 4 coming out so soon as I'm on the mailing list not to mention I've purchased all the previous 3 seasons from them. It would be nice to hear more details about the set, esp. since it seems to be an entire season in one set instead of broken into two parts, also how many discs, etc. I would think we'll be hearing more details soon. The new, lower price is indeed nice, and, a bit surprising. It breaks down like this : Season #1 - $80 Season #2 - $80 Season #3 - $60 Season #4 - $50 Should certainly help sales, maybe they've found a way to fit more episodes on a single disc making the price lower? As long as they haven't decided to go to "flipper" discs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks