What's new

EZ Streets!! Wow! (1 Viewer)

Wezzo

Second Unit
This is great news! I, too, never even considered this would be released! Can't wait to see what else comes out of this "Brilliant But Cancelled" series..

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Never watched. But, from what Gord said their was only 6-8 episodes. Why not just release the whole series. :confused:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
There were 10 episodes, 9 if you count the double-length show as 1.

They probably wanted to price it cheaply in order to get it into lots of stores, especially since most people will say "EZ....huh?" This also allows them to continue with the series if it sells well enough, and ditch it if it doesn't. I also suspect it's a rush job done on the assumption that Paul Haggis will walk away with an Oscar this weekend, and they can use that to promote the release.

I don't mind the thought of volumes for these rarely-watched shows as long as it means they'll get released. I was SO shocked when I saw this announced.

Gord

Mary_P

Second Unit
"Why not just release the whole series. "

Well, that's kinda my issue with this too -- why do a sampler disc when the complete series is so few episodes? I won't be buying anything less than a complete series.

I do also wonder if this signals anything in particular for other series shown on Trio under the "Brilliant But Cancelled" banner. There are a bunch of those I'd buy -- in complete series only....

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
Weren't there one or two eps in the can that never aired?

I doubt that anyone who didn't see this show will even open this thread. But if you are here and you didn't see it, spend a couple of bucks on this set. It was phenomenal. Joey Pants is worth the price of admission.

Profit: The Complete Series seems to have sold relatively well on DVD. I bought it and thought it was brilliant. So if you're inclined to pick up something like this on the cheap because of critical buzz, you won't be disappointed.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This show had some great music in it. I wonder if that music will make it to the DVD?

LCD22

Screenwriter

What were the other series that were aired under "Brilliant But Cancelled"?

Mary_P

Second Unit

Recently defunct cable channel, usually found on the digital tier, owned by NBC/Universal. One of their best (IMHO) features over the past few years was "Brilliant But Cancelled," a collection of critically acclaimed but short-lived shows, of which "EZ Streets" was one. "Deadline," "Parenthood," "Profit," "United States," and "Johnny Staccato" are some titles I can remember them showing.

Their website is still active at http://www.trioplus.tv/plus/, where apparently the plan is to offer some content for download sometime in the near future.

[Edit: Comma fixed, hopefully! Thanks, Marty!]

Mary_P

Second Unit
Did a quick Google search and came up with more:

Max Headroom
Days & Nights of Molly Dodd
East Side/West Side
The Ernie Kovacs Show
Gun
Now and Again
Action
The Famous Teddy Z
Kolchak the Night Stalker

There was also an original documentary called "Brilliant But Cancelled" on critically acclaimed shows that didn't make it, including a lot that weren't on Trio's schedule.

Under that banner they also showed a bunch of pilots that didn't make it, along with an original documentary "Brilliant But Cancelled: Pilot Season":

L.A. Confidential w/Kiefer Sutherland & Eric Roberts
Fargo w/Edie Falco
Rewrite for Murder w/George Clooney & Pam Dawber
Black Bart w/Louis Gossett & Steve Landesberg
Diner w/James Spader & Paul Reiser
Dear Diary w/Bebe Neuwirth

All in all, great stuff. I was very sad to hear they were folding shop at the end of last year.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I asked about this on another thread, but no one replied. Writer/Producer Bob Brush ("The Wonder Years" and "Early Edition") was involved with that show. What was this series like?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Weird. . .I just mentioned my ire about EZ Streets's cancellation to this day in the "Eyes" thread, then I see an e-mail from "TV Shows on DVD" with this announcement, come here and see this thread!

OK, I NEVER expected to see this show on any form on DVD. HOWEVER, I'm REALLY upset they're not releasing the whole thing. As it was, the episodes left you hanging and frustrated. Now, they're going to let you be frustrated after 3 or 4 episodes! I just see no point whatsoever in that. Just release the whole fricken' thing. I'm sure I won't be able to resist at least having a better version of whatever episodes I can, but for the non-fan, why would they dip in for 4 episodes of something not knowing if the remainder will even be released? This was the most brilliant show on TV, it should have at least completed a full season, and YES!!!!!. . . . .it is re-opening old wounds to think of how unfairly this show was treated.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of "The Famous Teddy Z". I wasn't a fan. But, I figured with the success of 2 1/2 Men. They would have released it.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
I really don't want to buy a sampler disc. It truly makes no sense at all. It's not like this show lasted five seasons or something. But I'm afraid that if people don't buy this sampler, then we will never see the rest of the show on DVD. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. One thing I do know is that I hate being put in this position. Same thing goes for the recent Night Court sampler release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks