EZ Streets: The Final Insult

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris Johnston, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston Auditioning

For my first post here, let me just say how flummoxed I am that, after waiting soooooo very long for a DVD release of EZ Streets: 1) only three of the nine episodes are being included, and 2) there is a gaping three-episode HOLE between the first and second eps on the DVD!

1. Pilot
    2. Every Picture Tells a Story
    3. A Terrible Beauty
    4. Saint Jude Took a Bullet
    5. Every Dog Has Its Day
    6. One Acquainted with the Night

7. On the Left Side of the Angel
    8. A Ceremony of Innocence
    9. Neither Have I Wings to Fly

After all that we who loved this show suffered through during it's original run on CBS, what with it being put on a >five-month hiatus after only two airings, then picking it up where it left off, withOUT re-running those first two episodes, this is just the final insult for me!

It's a RUNNING STORYLINE!!

Have these people no decency?

2. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

Seems to me like this is a very stupid idea considering the number of episodes produced.Perhaps we can see a few episodes of G Vs E AND Karen Sisco released like this.If Universal had thought about releasing cancelled tv shows this way just a little earlier,perhaps we could have all expected to see 3 episodes of American Gothic released instead of the whole series!

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Chris,
    Welcome to HTF.
    We have an existing thread on this subject and your information would make an excellent addition.
    In the other thread I claimed I would buy this abortion but now that I've learned they're skipping around in the episodes I'm am not going near it.
    Oh, we all screw this up regularly but, please learn to search.

4. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

They're skipping episodes?! Whose bright idea was that one? I hope Universal realizes their error and corrects it before releasing this disc with the first three episodes (including the two hour pilot).

5. Chris Johnston

Ah, but it's NOT the first three episodes: It's the First, Fifth & Sixth episodes!

I wouldn't be so upset about there only being three episodes if they were simply in sequence!

6. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

7. AndrewWickliffe

AndrewWickliffe Second Unit

Have you read that? I've been checking that website since it went up and there hasn't been a single addition or change....

8. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

I have never seen "EZ Streets". I don't know if I'll be getting this release, but would this series be a recommendation to someone who's a big fan of "Due South"? I love the writing Paul Haggis did on that series.

9. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I was excited to see the Brilliant But Cancelled line get a release but they seem to be doing on DVD the type of thing that gets many series cancelled in the first place, have they not watched the documentaries on such things, I think that was touched on a bit on Trio. So short, it would be an easy complete series on DVD.

10. Chris Johnston

Awww, Dude! If you loved dueSOUTH, this is the antithesis (No squeaky-clean characters here!), but it will have your jaw on the floor!

11. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

12. Chris Johnston

I had already seen that thread, and decided to start one of my own, since I wasn't feeling the "WOW!!" in this eviscerated release.

13. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    This is just plain stupid. . .

. . .to further compound this farce, I just heard that they will issue another "Brilliant but Cancelled" DVD with one episode from 4 different shows, including the wonderful "Touching Evil" (USA), for which I SO want a boxset.

I hate this stupid idea.

14. EmmaAU

EmmaAU Agent

Elizabeth, I'm with you. I loved the American version of "Touching Evil" even better than the British version, and would love to have all episodes as a set. I may buy that dvd just to show support for the show.