What's new

Eyes (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Seth Thrasher

That's the thing: Can't speak for the lost viewers, but the Alias viewers stuck around for sure - Eyes had a 80-90% viewer retention rating. HOWEVER, thanks to Alias' ratings against AI being complete garbage, there was only 7.5 million viewers for Eyes to retain 80% *OF*.

If ABC actually cared about having another hit, they'd at LEAST try one other slot for it that didn't have a crappy lead-in.

This is why they spent so many years in 3rd/4th, and they're still repeating a LOT of their same mistakes. CBS has got a while on top yet.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Except the non-crappy time slot is just a hypothetical thing nowadays. Where's a better place for Eyes to go? Mondays at 8pm looks like the only other viable spot on ABC's schedule that doesn't have an entrenched program or positively brutal competition.

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
How is this thread related to DVD?

Okay, heres how.

I want Eyes on DVD. Do you think they will do it now that it looks like it's going to be cancelled after only a handful of shows?

Does that satisfy the DVD requirement?

R. Kay

Second Unit
this is a tv talk on eyes. there's hardly any mention of anyone wanting an eyes dvd.

anna : lighten up and smile a bit. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I think you're misreading this thread. I think all of the fans of this show here want a dvd. I know I do. The reason for the "tv talk" is because that's the reason why getting a dvd is unlikely.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Is there any danger of Eyes ever coming to dvd? Loads of other cancelled shows that only produced 13 or so episodes (but aired less) have had 'complete series' releases so why not this one?
I really, really want it!
Anyone else?

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena
I loved Eyes... I don't even watch this type of show ordinarily, but the writing and acting was so good... (I tuned in for A.J. Langer initially) - Well I'm still hoping for a DVD even though I know Disney doesn't tend to pay attention to customer feedback/requests (Where the heck is Once & Again Season 3?!)

There must be some hope for Eyes if other swiftly-cancelled series from a few years ago, are making it to DVD belatedly...for instance, Kitchen Confidential, which I never expected. Different network, I know, but still.

ABC should've put more money & support behind Eyes - it was a much better show than Desperate Housewives, Lost or Grey's Anatomy (yes I know they're big hits, but I just can't get into them)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's your problem right there - you should be talking to Warner Brothers, where MacNamara Paper Products is set up. ABC just had the broadcast rights.

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena
Okay...problem solved! Now that that's all cleared up, I'll just make a few phone calls and I'm sure we'll have Eyes on DVD within a few months. :P

Seriously, you'll have to forgive me for being confused about who owns which TV show. My puny little brain can't handle Warner not releasing Dawson's Creek even though it aired on the WB, and Warner Bros. releasing The O.C. which aired on Fox... and ...you get the idea. ;)

It's not like there's a place on the 'net where you can go look up exactly who owns the broadcast rights to a show and which company has the power to release it on DVD.... Or is there? :) I think they're in hiding, and making things overly complicated so that we don't know who the heck to contact, and they don't have to deal with our pesky requests. ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's the vanity cards at the end of the show, and the "Production Companies" credits on IMDB.

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena
Here I come with more excuses. ;) I don't have copies of the Eyes episodes, so I can't check the credits. I guess you're right about the IMDb though...I'm just not used to looking up TV-related stuff there, so I didn't think of it. Probably a mental block 'cause I think the Internet Movie Database should've just stuck to movies, instead of branching out into TV news/episode guides and celebrity gossip. 'Cause that's why I go to the IMDb, to learn every stoopid move Bratney and Parisite make. :rolleyes:Or to take polls about voting actors off TV shows. Not to look up movie info, heck no. Sorry, way off-topic.

So...Jason Seaver... did "they" (being vague 'cause I have no idea who owns the DVD rights...hyuk! ;)) ever release Growing Pains beyond season one? Wait, that's off-topic too.

Eyes was a good show.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I loved this show and was surprised it never got a DVD release. Really Wish it would get one

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks