What's new

Eyes - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/27/05

This episode wasn't great, the 3 cases seem to go in all directions, and relational aspects of the cast members seem dulled, or I was apathetic to romantic entanglements or separations that finished off the episode.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it, although I don't really see the point of having a clip package, then not touching the mole thread at all until the last couple minutes, when it didn't have anything to do with this week's story. That's just serialization for the sake of serialization. Really, there's nothing in the clip package that wasn't covered as much as need be in the dialogue.

Still - nice to see Linden Ashby again (although I was hoping he'd be playing his Spy Game character when I saw him in the credits).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought it was okay. This ep really helped to salvage the character of Trish. This show is the equivalent of comfort food. Easy going down... Entertaining and no after effects.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I enjoy the show, but if it didn't follow Alias I can't say that I would remember to watch it.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Gone for good? or Boston Legal'ed?

Next week is preempted. Then it's Alias for 2h one week and Lost for 2h for the next. Any news?

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
This isn't a bad show. It could be better though. I think the major problem is that most of the side characters aren't interesting at all. The chick who cheated on her husband is annoying, the guy with the bad hair who slept with her is annoying, the girl from My so called life is fine but the guy she's interested in looks deranged. The black gay guy is good and Laura Leighton is fine too but this show needs some re-tooling. They need to stop having name cards for each character too. It looks like something a network exec asked for. get rid of it.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I think this show is toast, which is too bad, I think it has potential.

Nice to see abc dump it last night in favor of some stupid primetime special garbage. Nothing like trying to capitalize on the popularity of another network's show. :rolleyes

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I think they should bring it back to show the eight final episodes (what about on Sundays after Desperate Housewives reruns?).

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator

I think there were only 8 episodes in total ordered. So there would only be 3 or 4 left to air.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, so it wasn't the greatest thing ever, but it was fun, and can you honestly say that with the entire schedule filled with things like Beauty and the Geek and I Want to be a Hilton there is no room for Eyes. The networks are really pissing me off. There are only about 5 shows I try to watch and now 2 of them have been cancelled. This keeps happening.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
One advantage of not being in the US is that we get all eps of a show; epguides.com tells me that of the 13, only 5 were aired in the US, we got all 13.

I must say I was disappointed that this got canned -- it was pretty good, different from most PI-type shows where the PIs are always so noble, or at worst slightly goofy. Call it the Alan Shore factor, which I guess is the best analogy for protagonists who are less than noble and not above resorting to dirty tricks or outright illegal acts to achieve their aims, yet somehow we still sympathise or even agree with what they've done.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I was just thinking about this show the other day when I was reading about the new mid-season shows and trying to guess which ones will get canned after 4 eps, so I can avoid watching them in the first place.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

I find this rather odd. Do you get the shows at the exact same time we do? If it was a few months delayed, I would think they wouldn't even offer a program there that had such a short run, much less show more than the U.S. got.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I do. In fact, I've gone a step further. I am so sick of the few shows I like being dumped without a chance (Eyes), deemed to just not be popular enough (Joan of Arcadia) or simply left to die a slow and painful death (Alias) that I've decided to no longer watch any new shows. I'm saving myself a huge amount of time and annoyance.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Another advantage we get: by the time any show shows up here, buzz has developed if it's good, or not if it's blah. E.g. North Shore started maybe a month ago, I know it didn't manage to get renewed, so although initially I might have been interested based on the premise, knowing it sort-of flopped, I didn't bother. In contrast, I might have passed on DH, but given the buzz I just had to watch, and I'm glad I did.

Of course, the built-in delay means it's difficult for me to participate in the forums. Except for those shows where I really, really cannot wait (i.e. the really good ones like BSG and TWW), and cannot resist temptation, and I do something which I cannot talk about on HTF... :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not really. There are plenty of choices to make for being entertained. I much prefer to see more movies, listen to music, read books and so on than repeatedly get into a new series only for it to be dumped. Since I have no interest in "reality" TV or any of the crappy comedies being made these days, there just hasn't been anything left I liked which didn't get dumped prematurely.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thank you for the explanation, Yee-Ming!

I can understand John's frustration with getting attached to shows which are dumped. I've had that happen so many times, but I'm glad I got to enjoy whatever there was. (The one that gets me most upset to this day is EZ Streets. I can feel the blood pressure go up just typing that.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks