What's new

Eyes - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Entertainment Weekly had nothing but excellent things to say about this show in their review, calling it 'Alias meets Fletch" and gave it a B+. Definitely tuning in! This will be the first time in a long time when I've watched all 3 hours in primetime of the same broadcast channel.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'll be recording this as well. I noticed Eric Mabius is in this too, so I guess they wrote poor Tim out of "The L Word". (I don't have Showtime and don't know what's up with that show this season.)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I somehow missed the article in Entertainment Weekly, but I saw a review for it in the newspaper the other day. It sounds interesting so I've programmed it into the DVR. It seems like it might be a bit like Moonlighting but with gadgets.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is a fun, but really dark show in terms of shades of character motivations. I'll keep tuning in for upcoming episodes.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I was really liking the show except for one character, Jeff McCann. I'm hoping that the last 30 seconds of the ep solved my problem.

My only other problem with the pilot was the fact that none of the characters, except for Harlan & Chris (and to some extent, Meg), were really flushed out. Without knowing anything about the characters of Trish & Danny it's hard to care that she's cheating on him with the Jeff the amoral soulless creep. I really liked the characters of Nora, Harlan & Chris. I knew going in that Chris was gay, but he was different than what I expected and really interesting. Hats off to the producers for not giving us the Will & Grace *or* Queer as Folk stereotype.

I'll definitely be tuning in next week, praying that Jeff is toast.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I liked it! Good dialogue and enjoyable characters. Glad to see Eric Mabius too!
Hope this does well and continues.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe how A.J. Langer looked in this pilot, I kept thinking I had seen her before (and I had), but finally figured out she was in "Three Sisters" and "It's Like, You Know". She was much cuter back then, but was downplaying her looks on "Eyes" for now.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It was enjoyable. But, it should be interesting to see how the show can go on with one of the main characters close to going back to the looney bin. And the other is a traitor and cold blooded murderer.

Although, I thought the scene where the guy confronts Marcelle was all a setup to see if he would turn on Tim Daly. Well, we only heard the shot. ;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
She was in the military and doing desk work, but got to do surveillance with Tim Daly's character.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Yeah, I was thinking the ending may have made my earlier Post #3 moot. But I'm hoping the end doesn't mean what we presume, as I think the show could use that kind of character.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

All the cast pictures I have seen (including one in this weeks TV guide) shows everyone that was in last nights episode so I wonder how they are going to get out of the little cliffhanger?
From what I read it did pretty good considering what it was up against.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have always been a Tim Daly fan. His character has a Jim Rockford feel to it. He does a great job with this type of character.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/6/05

I liked the 2nd episode, Tim Daley owns this role. Nora didn't kill Jeff, but made sure he'd remember what would happen to him should he try to make the same play against Nora.

Harlan's fun-n-games with the kidnapper was pretty entertaining. Meg looks to be the female version of "Marshall Flinkman" on this show.

Hope Leslie sticks around on the show, perhaps in a different capacity, not just as a lawyer.

The only thing that was a pain in watching this show in HD in real time were the numerous commercial breaks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"Eyes" has a terrible name and had bad promos. But surprisingly it's a good show. I caught the latter half of last night's episode and enjoyed it.

I've got enough shows in my queue that I won't watch Eyes regularly. But I'm sure I'll enjoy it from time to time, when I'm bored on a Wed night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks