What's new

EYES OF FIRE (1983) (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This was one of those under-the-radar indies that, once seen, is far more interesting than one might think. First of all, it's a costume drama. It is placed in the early 19th century. A group of settlers is being led by preacher deep into the woods of Missouri in order to establish a small colony away from persecution. But the woods are haunted and there is a price to pay for remaining on the land.

EYES OF FIRE was given a VHS and laser disc release in 1984 by Vestron (need I say more?), but the videos never looked good. THIS IS A FINE MOVIE, and needs a decent (preferably Blu-ray) release. It would be perfect fodder for Scream! Factory. The movies is hugely atmospheric, and even has some recognizable cast members. It is beautifully photographed (IMDB says the ration is 2.35:1, although I've only seen it at 1.33:1).

Are there others here who remember this and can add a bit of support for a Blu-ray (or, at least, a really decent DVD)?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This was one of those under-the-radar indies that, once seen, is far more interesting than one might think. First of all, it's a costume drama. It is placed in the early 19th century. A group of settlers is being led by preacher deep into the woods of Missouri in order to establish a small colony away from persecution. But the woods are haunted and there is a price to pay for remaining on the land.

EYES OF FIRE was given a VHS and laser disc release in 1984 by Vestron (need I say more?), but the videos never looked good. THIS IS A FINE MOVIE, and needs a decent (preferably Blu-ray) release. It would be perfect fodder for Scream! Factory. The movies is hugely atmospheric, and even has some recognizable cast members. It is beautifully photographed (IMDB says the ration is 2.35:1, although I've only seen it at 1.33:1).

Are there others here who remember this and can add a bit of support for a Blu-ray (or, at least, a really decent DVD)?
Oddly I'm just seeing this now. Great film, one of my faves. Would love to see a bluray release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks