Extremely high frequency noise?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by PeterK, Feb 13, 2005.

1. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

Every once in a while when I am watching movies I notice a really high frequency noise coming from my centre channel. I would have to guess it is in the 15 kHz range. I specificaly notice it in "the return of the king" in several spots buy it is loudest in the scene where Valomere (spelling) get sent off by his dad to get screwed by those bunch of orks. Exactly when pippin (sp) starts singing the noise starts. NOw I am not sure what this is but I know it is really high because I was watching with 2 friends over and niether of them could it. PS the noise is there in both the regular and extended editions of ROTK.
    anyone know what this could be or how to fix it?
    thanks

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Me too!

First, tell us what gear you are using.

I have a cheaper Pioneer receiver and I am sure that is part of the problem.

3. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

you notice this during above mentioned LOTR scene? I guess I'm not crazy. I have a fairly cheap sony reciever DE-597, but it seems to work well for the price. My centre channel is the JBL EC-25 and I have 16awg monster cable running about 6' between reciever and centre. Sorry I forgot to mention this in my first post, I just got thinking about LOTR and it distracted me. [​IMG]

4. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

Anyone have any idea what this might be? could it be a hearing impairment or mine? I highly doubt it though because I don't often expose myself to very loud sounds, except when watching movies (with no one else in the house) or when I am playing in my orchestra.