Extras Overload

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by stan hiller, Dec 13, 2001.

1. stan hiller

stan hiller Extra

I'v just watched a superb film on dvd with excellent performances from a stellar cast, great story well told and a soundtrack to die for - that film being 'The Right Stuff'.

I'd kill to see this re-released as a special edition with info on the real heroes and their endeavours as there's so much potential background and history to this chapter of space flight but can currently find no information concerning this.

One thing I did find however is that crud like 'the mummy returns','pearl harbour' etc are getting the full treatment with special edition dvd's forthcoming with hours of extra's- what the hells going on?

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

'crud' like The Mummy Returns, whatever you or I think of it, probably sold more DVDs in its first day than The Right Stuff ever will. Its a fairly predictable fact of the market that its the big blockbuster unit shifters that get the production budgets to cover a special edition DVD most of the time; even someone like Criterion has to balance what the extra income will be for adding such supplements before doing so; it only makes sense.