Extra DVD in case???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Mar 3, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Has this ever happened to anyone...

I just recently bought "The Good Son" on DVD through an online retailer, and when I opened up the case today, there were actually 2 identical discs inside!!

I was so surprised.

Has anyone had this happen before?

[​IMG]

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

I did when I purchased a used version of "LOTR:FOTR" from Blockbuster. I gave the extra one to a friend.

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Not exactly. I once purchsed a copy of "To Sir With Love" that had a Japanese Sci-Fi movie on the WS side of the disc.

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I once bought a copy of Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits and got 2 identical CDs

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

My Revenge of the Nerds/Revenge of the Nerds 2 did, but one was so banged up as to be unplayable.

6. dmt

dmt Auditioning

ive had it when i got nothing inside, and when i try to return it they dont believe me, and i'm assed out a cd

7. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Slightly different version: a friend bought the Die Hard trilogy boxset from Amazon, and Die Hard 3 wound up with two Disc 2s and no Disc 1 (or vice versa; I forget). When he wrote to Amazon about it, they shipped him a replacement set (since the individual titles weren't available separately), but told him to keep the initial set since shipping back to them was (in their view) too costly.

So he sold Die Hard 1 and 2 to someone else (who didn't want 3 anyway), and ended up with almost a free set for himself.

Hasn't happened to me for discs, although I've had one or two CDs with an extra copy of the inlay; my copy of Roger Waters' The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking actually has 3 copies of the inlay...

8. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

I had an extra disc #2 with "Big Trouble In Little China".

9. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I've been fortunate that all the DVDs I've ever bought have come as they should, no missing discs, no extra discs, and no 2 discs exactly the same, but I love reading threads like this. Especially when people profit from the mistake...but these threads also make me very paranoid.

10. Roger_R

Roger_R Second Unit

I haven't experienced anything like this either with DVDs. The closest thing is a computer game I bought. The CD had the logo for the game's sequel which hadn't been released yet [​IMG]

11. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

I had this happen to me on a Playstation game. It was on one of the first PS1 games ever (Loaded). Problem was I had to have it shipped from the US to here in the Philippines so by the time I got it here was no way to have it returned! $50+ down the drain[​IMG]

Also I Bought Romeo+Juliet SE and it came in a case for 2 discs. I went back to the store asking for the second disc and they opened up a few new ones for me. Oddly enough they all had cases for 2 discs but contained only one, we came to the conclusion (and was convinced after checking online) that it was the cases that were in error and that there really isn't a 2nd disc. [​IMG] ...I mean...um..there's just one disc for that right?[​IMG]

12. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

In my Friends season 3 I had a disc labeled as disc 3 that was actually a disc 1. That was fun getting someone to let me exchange it.