Extra bonus with LOTR 5-disc Collector's set!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Pelham, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Sorry if this is old news, but it's something I wasn't aware of.
    According to a huge ad in Video Business magazine, the Lord of the Rings Collector's set (MSRP $79.99) includes a special edition LOTR fan club offical magazine, which I think is exclusive to the set.
    Also included is the collectible box packaging, Extended National Geographic DVD, collectible cards, and bookends.
    I knew about the others, but the magazine is news to me. I've already ordered the 5-disc, so it's one extra thing to justify the pricy tag.

2. George Cifrancis

George Cifrancis Stunt Coordinator

George
    I wonder where they are going to fit the magazine in the package?

George

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The pictures I have seen indicate that the 4 disk box is inside the larger box that also contains the bookends. Where is the NH disk going to be?

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

There maybe a compartment under the base the argonath and the 4 disc set sit on where the magazine and bonus DVD will reside.... My guess... Don't care where they put it, I just want the bloody set. [​IMG]
    Dan

5. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I just put in my pre-order for the gigantic gift set. I hope it's not a limited edition thing. Otherwise, I'd be pissed if it was on backorder.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get the Spidey set.

6. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

The question I have is whether the Canadian version will have French all over the box. I don't want it if it does. I hope someone can give us a heads up before it is released so I can do an emergency preorder from the US if that proves to be the case.

7. Johnny_Morris

Johnny_Morris Auditioning

It definately will be all English - Alliance have confirmed the 4 disc set will be unchanged from the US edition so this means the 5 disc set will also survive unscathed

8. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot to mention. The ad also says that select sets will contain movie tickets for the Two Towers.