Exterior FM Only Antennas: Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Reibold, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Wayne Reibold

Wayne Reibold Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to find a good quality (and hopefully somewhat aesthetically pleasing) outdoor FM antenna.

I'm currently using a general purpose RCA UHF/VHF/FM roof antenna which is an eye sore and is only bringing in mediocre FM reception, even though it's mounted about 4' above my roof line and even after trying it in about every possible position.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an FM only antenna that provides good performance.

I'm guessing a lot of the elements on my current antenna are for UHF/VHF vs. FM so I'm hoping to get something smaller yet provides great reception.

I primarily listen to FM but if it provides AM reception then that's a bonus...

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

2. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

The Fanfare FM-2G is a great antenna. Highly recommended.

Bruce

3. Wayne Reibold

Wayne Reibold Stunt Coordinator

Thanks. What distance do you use the antenna? I think I'm about 50-60 miles away and no direct line of sight to the transmitters. I'm going to have to check if they have a money back guarantee if it doesn't work any better than what I have.

4. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

About 35-40 miles. Of course, every situation is different. I've read some reviews that say the Fanfare is very placement sensitive so you may need to move it around. Be sure to try it in several places before you permanently mount it.

Bruce