Exterior car care products.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen L, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Stephen L

Stephen L Second Unit

With so many different products on the market I'm just curious what everybody uses for wash,wax and tire treatments.

2. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

Zaino (series of products) on a 2001 E46 330i BMW.

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Zaino. The stuff actually works. I use it on my 98 Montero, my 01 Neon and my 00 Honda Valkyrie.
    It gives an amazing shine.
    http://www.zainobros.com

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I've used several brands of non-abrasive wax -- the latest was Nu Finish (it's supposed to be a once-a-year wax). I use Armour All products for the tires, aluminum rims and interior, and Rain-X for windows.

I've never heard of Zaino. Can this be purchased at a retail store, or do you have to order it direct from the manufacturer?

5. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    I use http://www.buffalomilke.com/ with very impressive results. It's a spray-and-buff liquid wax that doesn't leave a haze. It's a "go anywhere" wax, meaning it's suitable for rubber and plastic, which makes it great for motorcycles, since you don't need to discriminate which surfaces it comes in contact with.
    I've used Nu-Finish, but I'm not nearly as impressed with it as I am with Buffalo Milke.

6. Lary Larson

Lary Larson Stunt Coordinator

I also use the Zaino series on my '95 Lexus SC400. It looks better than new when I'm finished.

Scott - there are a few retail distributors for Zaino, you have to email Zaino to find out if there's one near you. I just ordered direct from Zaino.

Lary

7. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

I agree with the Zaino replies..The stuff is great...

8. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

I'm suprized no one has mentioned Mequiars Car Care Products. http://www.meguiars.com/
    I've used their wash and wax stuff for years on all different types of cars, old and new, all came out looking great once I was finished.
    One of the car wash/wax products I will never do without is called the "absorber". It's a synthetic chamois that cuts down drying time by at least 50 percent, so no water marks.
    I've also started using the "California Duster" for both light cleaning of the exterior and interior of my car.
    Brian

9. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

Another Zaino freak here !!! (Z1,Z2,Z6,Z7,Z18)

1999 Silver/Silver S-420 Mercedes Benz.

I can make someone a pretty good offer on the ZFX and Z5. I bought the ZFX and the Z5 but I don't think I'm going to use them. It's a long story. If interested, let me know.

It's too early for me to tell but from what I hear Zaino lasts much longer than even the best waxes from Mequiars.

Zaino RAWKZ !!!

I use Mequiar products for the interior and tires. Gold Class leather cleaner & conditioner, Natural shine vinyl & rubber protectant, Gold Class Endurance for tires.

I just got a California Water Blade and California Dusters (large & small). Haven't had a chance to break those puppies in yet.

10. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I'll second the 'absorber'. They work great for drying your car. They have those at Wal-Mart, Target, wherever

I will also second the California Dusters. I use the Dash Duster on my motorcyle all the time. Most of the time, my motorcycle doesn't get dirty, just dusty. The dash duster works perfect.

11. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    I actually use Finish 2001 for a polish. Then either a Meguiars carnuba or The Wax Shoppe as a wax. Harlys for tires and interior.

12. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Howard, I got the notification that you sent me an e-mail, but i can't login to Hotmal right now. I will get back to you asap as soon as I can login.

13. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

For cleaning road tar from the lower sections and also for brake dust, I use Simple Green. It works great and I think it's mild enough not to damage your clear coat.

14. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Zaino!
    [​IMG]

15. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

Only Zaino's goes on my vette!!!!

Great stuff

16. Michael Bermudez

17. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

help! (i learned my lesson the hard way.)
    i usually use this glaze from a company called (i think) The Wax Shoppe. stuff works great and can go on anywhere.
    anyway...
    i decided to wax my car with some crappy turtle-wax stuff at my girlfriends. it went on tough and came off even tougher. now i have dried wax "deposits" in some of the nooks and crannies of my dark-green honda, plus it screwed up some of the rubber moulding. [​IMG]
    does anyone know of anything i can do to fix this? several people told me i could rub peanut butter (smooth) on the rubber part, but i haven't tried it yet. the only thing i can think of to get the wax deposits off is some sort of hard plastic (obviously not metal) device, but nothing comes to mind. toothpicks are too weak.

18. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

Ted:

I'm sure no expert but Dawn (liquid dishwasing detergent) is recommended by Zaino to remove old wax. It's is suppose to be very alkaline. Maybe a couple of good washing with it might help.

Many people say use a toothbrush to remove wax from knooks and crannies. Some people say a toothbrush can sctrach.

19. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

My 540 gets Mequiars 26.

20. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thanks howard -

maybe i'll give it a good soaking with dawn. by now, the stuff is pretty crusted on, so i'm pretty sure a toothbrush won't work. but maybe i can file down the handle of of one to use as a scraper! hmmm....