Extending component cables? How?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Scott Stephens, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Scott Stephens

Scott Stephens Stunt Coordinator

i need about 20-25 ft of component cable to connect a DVD player to my plasma in my office. i found 15 ft component cables, but can't find any longer than that.

what's the best way to couple these? i'm looking for a female/female connector, but i'm unsure of what to buy. can i use regular RCA f/f? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

I used some female to female rca interconnects for a while, and that worked fine.

I eventually found a 25 foot cable online, I dont recall where offhand, but I believe some htf sponsors sell components cables in that length and greater.

3. Mike.N

Mike.N Extra

When I moved I needed a longer conponent cable and did the same as Benson. Works great PQ just fine. My run is 20'.

4. John S

John S Producer

Circuit City sells GE cables (look hard, they hide them sort of)... I use the 25' a lot. Way less than $30 for them.

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I agree with Benson and Mike, I'll even take it a step further by suggesting you pick up 25' shielded Coax cable along with some RF to RCA connectors and some color tape.

6. John S

John S Producer

RG6 makes the most awesome Component Video cables hands down at any price in my opinion.

I have solved a fair amount of pesky interference issues by going to it, even over the prized monster cables.

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I Agree, RG6 coax cable is used for satellite and digital cable.

8. DanielJW

DanielJW Extra

I bought my component cables from here. I bought the 50-footer for less than BB/Circuit City sells the 25'. The quality of the cables and service from the company is spectacular, and I was happy to find cables with a white coating which are more living room friendly and don't stick out like black ones do.

My two cents.

Daniel