Extended Warranty for LCD?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Christopher B, May 20, 2004.

1. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

Hello,
    After much deliberation, and although I would love to have a Front Projector as a lot of you suggested, my fiance and I agreed that a LCD TV would work out better for our situation. I think if we had a dedicated HT we would both want to go with a Front Projector, but unfortunately we have no room for that.
    I have read a few people saying that if you get an LCD TV to get the extended warranty, and make sure it covers bulb replacement. How many of you have done this, and think it is a good idea? I never buy the extended warranty and have never missed it.

Thanks

2. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

Definitely buy it. not worth the potential hassle down the road.

3. SteveAnd

SteveAnd Extra

I purchased an extra 4 years of extended warranty for mine. I never normally buy the things, but since the purchase was larger than any of my other typical purchases, I felt why not. I have been dealing with the manufacturer over a problem for the past 6 months now, still without a resolution. It takes these guys soooo long to get anything done. I don't know how much longer it will take to get it resolved, so in my case, I'm glad I have the extended warranty.