What's new

extended warranties w/ Plasma screens ? (1 Viewer)

Craig_Beierlein

Auditioning
are extended warranties worth getting for plasma screens ? I normally don't believe in them but am wondering with plamsa what repair costs could be.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Depending on the make and model, you could end up with repair costs of $500 for an "in house" repair job really quick. IE, somthing like a power supply or connection board can run a few hundred bucks plus the cost for time and travel of a technician.

If you purchase the display with a credit card, many card companies will double the manufacturers warranty. Some manufacturers (assuming you register the unit) will offer their own extended warranties when yours if near expiration.

It was worth it to me and the first extended warranty I've ever purchased. My display died at 11 months and three weeks....within the one year factory warranty but it was sure a lot easier dealing with the extended warranty people (long story, I tried both)

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks