What's new

Explain it like I'm 4: Where do I redeem movie codes? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What service doesn't?

DMA?
I haven't messed with too many versions, but like Dave, I was certain that some playback services only allowed streaming. Too many versions that have come and gone to keep up with all the vagaries -- Flixster (gone), Fandango, Itunes, Vudu, CinemaNow, MGO, Google, Amazon, etc and more etc.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
DMA?
I haven't messed with too many versions, but like Dave, I was certain that some playback services only allowed streaming.
I thought they were streaming only, no actual download of the complete movie for offline viewing.

Amazon, Google, Apple, Netflix, Vudu and FandangoNow all allow you to download to a mobile device and watch offline, DMA titles included. It's not just for movies you own either, but also titles you rent or get through subscription (Amazon Prime included).

IMG_0198.jpg

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Nope. Apparently I'm out of date. I thought these were online only viewing. I'll have to look into that as another viewing option. Thanks :)
You sure are. Even Netflix now allows you to download content on your devices for offline viewing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Netflix I know about, because I was waiting eagerly for it. Though I'm only now trying it out.

The TiVo app has made so many of these issues irrelevant to me the past several years. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks