1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Expert Projector Advice/Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Keith.N, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Keith.N

Keith.N Auditioning

Hi Folks,

First off, let me say that I am a newbie and know nothing about HTS. But I have a requirement and need a recommendation.

This is the scenario: A Sports and Social Club, about 200 members. The Clubhouse is a small converted house with bar and lounge area where we want to setup a projector.

Points to note:
    - Willing to spend a maximum of US$3,000
    - Will be mainly used for Cable and DVD movies
    - Ceiling mounted
    - Want high quality
    - Will be used in area that is not completely dark

just a little history, was initially going to buy Infocus Screenplay 110 as I have an Infocus in the office that works great but decided to check with the experts first rather than go off half cocked.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I'm not an expert, but i just purchaced the infocus x1 and it is great. it is very bright. 1100lmn. i was amazed by the x1. the only bad thing is the big bulky size. but that is out weighed by it performence. i used it in a pretty lite up room and it still looked great. the funny thing is i have not even set up a sreen . that's my 2cents

3. mike_bianchi

mike_bianchi Extra

Consider your TV use and how that will affect bulb life. Standing around watching the ol' boob tube seriously eats away precious bulb life!

4. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

I would look for something in the 2000 lumen range. Maybe something like the NEC LT240 or 260. Also make sure you get a screen with a decent amount of gain.

RG

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    200 viewers? What size of screen are you looking to project for the club members? You will need pitch black light control for starters.