Expert Picture Mode - LG UH658500

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone know how to get into Expert Picture Mode? I haven’t figured out how to do it. So far, googling hasn’t helped.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Crickets...Crickets...

I can’t get into it. I think it’s supposed to be in Picture Mode but it is not offered. I’ve called LG and they are useless. Their answer is “if it ain’t there, it ain’t there.” I asked to elevate to higher tech so I’ve got a 24-48 hour wait for a call back.

I’m wondering, could my setting in either my Oppo UDP203 (4K) or my Denon X6500H be limiting what is available? I’d like to get into expert mode so I could try the calibration settings I’ve found her on AVS.

Does anyone have any ideas?

BTW, I’m hanging on to this set because I don’t have the coin to replace it and because I also love 3D.

Heeelllp!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't have one, but does this help?
Sorry but it doesn’t. It provides settings, but doesn’t really how to explain how to get into expert mode. As I’ve continued to experiment, I’d noticed an oddity. I’ve got the 4K of Pitch Black in my Oppo 203. While the movie is playing, Expert Mode is not available. If the disc is on the disc menu of it the disc is stopped, Expert mode is available. But when the movie is splaying it won’t play in the Expert Mode. I find this odd.

Here’s another question. I’ve got all my inputs, the Oppo, my TiVo, the AppleTV4K going thru my Denon AVR. The output of the AVR all goes to in HDMI input on my LG 65UH8500. Does the LG TV know they are different inputs or all they just considered to be one input because they come from the AVR?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I did a little experimenting. I put in the blu ray of Rear Window and with the movie playing, Expert mode (and several others) is available. I then put in a different 4K (Frozen) and Expert (and several others) are no longer available. I stop the 4K disc and Expert (and several others are available. It would appear a bunch picture modes disappear when a 4K disc is played.

Is this normal?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike