Expert Breakdown

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I recently found a picture of a rack that was built by a guy in Sweeden. It looks awesome. Check it out here. http://audioreview.com/GALPhoto_56253crx.aspx
    I emailed him and asked how he built it, he said that he bought the supports (the silver part)from a place that makes tables in Denmark. He also said that the inside of the supports have some kind of contraption that fastens it to the wood. He did not offer to tell me what table company sells the supports though. [​IMG]
    So, I guess I'm looking for some expert to breakdown his design and figure out how he did this design and where I could find similar supports.
    Thanks for any help.
    Jon

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Not an expert, but the supports could easily be duplicated with aluminum tubing or PVC pipe and silver paint. This could be slipped over the normal threaded rod that most use when building racks....

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Not a bad idea. I like where you're going with that. [​IMG]
    Jon

4. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

5. George W

George W Stunt Coordinator

John,

that's not a bad idea, I was thinking about building a flexy rack but I can't stand the way the allthread looks. Let me know the going rate if that company is willing to sell you just the rods. Thanks,

George

6. Will Pomeroy

Will Pomeroy Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I just looked at that original picture and I thought the legs looked familiar... I realized that they're (almost exactly) the same legs that I'm using on my computer desk right now. I got them at Ikea, mine are about 27" tall, but i'm sure they come in different lengths... hope that helps ya! I'll post a picture of my lets (table legs, that is) as soom as my camera comes back.

7. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Thanks Will.
    I shot off another email to the guy and found the place where he bought the coffee table and used the legs from.
    Check it out. http://www.europamobler.se/default.asp
    There are two coffee tables that he could have used it from. I'm assuming the website is in Danish, so I am unable to translate. But the names are, DALI Soffbord melamin, and POLO Soffbord melamin.
    Type in "DALI" or "POLO" in the search box.
    Jon