Expert advice needed! Anyone with screen flicker please read!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettisMckinney, Mar 9, 2003.

1. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hey guys. I have had a Toshy 32inch WS set for about a month and the first thing i noticed was a flicker that was about 2-3 inches wide and rolled up and down the screen. With component inputs they were bigger, s-video smaller and composite faster but tiny. I tried many a dvd player and the problems persists. So i sent my TV off..probably wont see it for a while [​IMG]

Anyway..a mate just bought a 66cm LG WS and got it home and he has the same problem, its really noticable when the picture holds on a scene for a while. He also was using component inputs. Now i didnt think this was an all to common problem until some nice fellow here left a link for the HOme theater spot! So i check out the Tosh section and look what! here

Now i havnt had time for a good read yet of all that is said but its obvious its a large problem for people and not just related to TOshiba. So i would love to know if anyone else experiences this problem or knows what causes it or what cures it. ITs its a wide screen trait then its a pity as its very distracting. My set is a CRT flat tube by the way.

One theory i thought of was that such a big TV might draw much more power and therefor be prone to more signal distortion..so i might need a line filter or something. My set is 100hz too and thought that maybe it was a problem with that.

I would really love to get to the bottom of this coz i dont know whether it was just my set or a problem with all WS tv's. Your suggestion would be much appreciated,
    THanks

2. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

Try this. Play back a DVD and verify that you can see the "flicker." Then, without changing anything else, physically disconnect your TV cable connection (the one feeding RF from your cable company). If the flicker goes away, you have a ground loop problem with the cable system.

3. BrettisMckinney

Thanks..i'll give it a whirl! Sounds strange though

4. BrettisMckinney

Nope, no go. WIth just the dvd hooked up with component its still there [​IMG]