What's new

experiences with MoreAudioVideo.com? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Anyone have experiences with MoreAudioVideo.com? I am thinking of buying the Denon 3801 or 3802 from them as they have the best price I can find. They claim all products come with full warranty and that they sell no "grey market" items. Their feedback on AudioSurvey appears about 50/50.
Let me know.
Thanks,
------------------
Luke

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Moreaudiovideo.com seemed to be a mom-n-pop store. I nearly purchased from them, but cancelled my order before shipping. I got a little nervous when I spoke to some of their CS reps. They didn't seem all that helpful, and I'd rather spend my money with people who are helpful. They also lied about the shipping date. When I called to place my order, they said the item would ship that day. But a follow-up showed that the item was out-of-stock. I'd give them a thumbs down.
On the plus side, moreaudiovideo.com did not charge my CC before shipping -- unlike a LOT of other online vendors. This is an important point in my opinion. Be sure to check whether the online merchant will charge *before* shipping. This tactic will prevent a lot of the problems that one sees reported on this forum from time to time, e.g., unusualy long delays, inappropriate items, mistakes in delivery, lost orders, &c. Why should you let someone else commit your money for you without having delivered a product?
AMDV.com pulled a similar stunt. They charged before shipping; the item was NOT shipped by the delivery method I paid for; and the item was NOT in the double-box that they advertised -- even though I re-confirmed the double-box policy via email. They flat out lied to me when I called and emailed about their credit card policy to boot! I was fortunate to get my money back. AVOID AMDV.com!
Not to say that you shouldn't buy online. Your thread is an excellent way to gather info. I guess I couldn't keep my big mouth shut when it comes to this sort of thing.
blush.gif

Best of luck!
------------------
SAM

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I ordered a Panasonic RP-91 DVD player from MoreAudioVideo.com. One word of warning -- they do not double-box items for shipment. I was rather disturbed when my player was delivered by UPS just in the manufacturer's box. Luckily, the player was not damaged.
On the positive side, the price was great and I received the player very quickly. This was my only experience with this etailer.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Well I went ahead and made the purchase of the Denon 3802 from More AudioVideo. The price was $772 plus shipping.
I made the purchase on-line. The unit arrived promptly and was shipped UPS in the original box with no double box. But no damage was apparent and the receiver appears to work fine.
But...
I did not receive a sales receipt/proof of purchase with the shipment. Furthermore the receiver arrived in a factory sealed box that did not contain a Warranty Card. The shipping checklist that is printed inside the Denon instructions indicates that a Warranty Card should be included for North American models. Based on this I am led to believe that the product I received is a "Foreign Market" item.
The following is quoted from the "About Us" section of the More AudioVideo web site--
"All products we ship carry complete warranties and are only "Region 1" goods. We don't sell any "Gray market" or "Foreign market" goods."
Hmmm..
Well I have sent them an e-mail regarding this and will let you know how it turns out.
I am now wishing I would have made the purchase from 6th av. but found out about them too late.
------------------
Luke
[Edited last by Luke_Y on September 16, 2001 at 08:59 PM]
[Edited last by Luke_Y on October 19, 2001 at 08:16 PM]

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I have the 3802 and it came from 6th Ave. The warranty is actually just a sheet stating the limitations and the like on the "limited warranty". Its not an actual card that u have to fill up and send back. Maybe u just missed it and its tucked inside the manual?
If it is indeed missing then it shows it may not be a NA model. I just hope u get some answers soon.
Oh and it was double boxed....good thing.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!
[Edited last by Eric Samonte on September 17, 2001 at 08:45 PM]

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered my 3802 from them with similar findings:
-Great Price
-Instant Shipping (had it the next day via UPS Ground)
-No double box
The unit is wonderful, but I did send them an e-mail after I bought it and they never responded
furious.gif
Oh well.
------------------

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Well, Still working on a resolution on the warranty matter, e-mailing back and forth. The sales receipt followed the shipment by about two days so I jumped the gun on that. They told me that they will provide the warranty service for one year (no mention of this on their site) and suggested I purchase an aftermarket warranty for after that. I asked if it would be serviced by an authorized Denon repair center and did not receive an answer on that. I suggested they provide the aftermarket Mack 3 year warranty that is sold as an option on their site to me at no cost.
FWIW These quotes are from the "About Us" and "Returns and Exchanges" pg. on their site.
--- " A copy of the complete warranty is included with the product. The manufacturer's warranty covers repair or replacement of any defective part, subject to the conditions set forth."
--- "All products we ship carry complete warranties and are only "Region 1" goods. We don't sell any "Gray market" or "Foreign market" goods."
To me it feels like bait or deceptive advertising. What's your opinion, should I have to bear the cost of an aftermarket warranty?
------------------
Luke

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Last update (see my above posts). They say they THEY will provide ONE year warranty and take care of shipping if there is a problem. They flat refuse to consider giving the 2 years that Denon does and wont even acknowledge my points about the misleading (flat lies) statements on their website. I also asked to be sent something in writing about the warranty and was told "no problem", I never received anything.
So it seems this wont be resolved to my satisfaction and I wont be purchasing from them again.
------------------
Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks