1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with Pioneer DV-737??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ari, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Ari

Ari Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking of going progressive scan and am considering the Panasonic RP91 or the Pioneer DV-737. Unfortunately, I can't get the Panny locally where I'm from (Asia) so I'll have to import it. I can get a Pioneer DV-737 for around the same price locally as a Panny import and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Pioneer.
    The advantage with going with the Pioneer is that I can get service locally and it is chipped: no need to worry about region-coding. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any reviews on its progressive performance.....

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

Ari, i may be wrong, but i believe that the 737 is the international version of the dv-37. you may have better luck looking for info on the dv-37.

3. Ari

Ari Stunt Coordinator

Craig, of course you're correct. I knew this but I forgot all about it. Now that I know where to find reviews for this, I just want to do a straight comparison between the Panasonic and the Pioneer.....performance on anamorphic and non-anamorphic discs, reliability, layer change, etc.
    I'm thinking of matching this with the NEC LT150 projector....