What's new

"Experience" DVDS (1 Viewer)

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
For lack of a better term, I am looking for experience DVD's. I just ordered the Super Speedway DVD. Are there any other DVD's out there that are more like a documentary or an experience rather than just a film? Are any of the other IMAX DVD's worth looking at? I wish they would make a NASCAR DVD or maybe one with a camera mounted on a 737.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have any IMAX titles, but if you can play Region 2 PAL DVDs then I'd recommend the following two "experience" DVDs:

Firstly, Luc Besson's "Atlantis" is available from Germany. A series of underwater sequences set to an Eric Serra score with no narration (except for a short unsubtitled German-language introduction), this has an acceptable anamorphic widescreen picture and DTS sound.

Secondly, "Microcosmos" is available from France in a 2-disc special edition. This comprises footage of insects set to a score, plus sound effects. The France edition has an excellent anamorphic widescreen picture and full bit-rate DTS sound. Again there is a short unsubtitled introduction, but after that the images speak for themselves. The extras on disc 2 are unsubtitled French language, but you should be able to find the set for the price of a single disc, so if you can't speak French then you are not paying extra for something you can't understand.

By the way, I believe that there is a (non-DTS) R1 edition of Microcosmos, but I can't vouch for the quality.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Blue Planet has breathtaking views of Earth from space. The narration is a bit preachy at times, but for me it was worth it for the visuals.

I haven't seen Everest on DVD, but it was a good flick at my nearest Omnimax (Mugar Omni / Boston)...

-Scott

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
They are making a NASCAR IMAX film, but I definitely won't like it as much as Super Speedway...open wheel rules, 'stock' car racing does not. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks