What's new

Expensive Day 12/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
With all the titles that come out today I'll be broke by the end of the day.Of course Christmas is just around the corner,so thanks Santa! :D

I'm still on the fence regarding I Robot though,I saw it in the theaters,and wasn't all that impressed.Still there is Collateral, ROTK, Mary Poppins,Top Gun SE,and might even buy the Matrix box set as well[I know it's been out for a week].
Somebody Stop Me!;)

What you all gonna pick up?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Just ROTK (Extended) & Collateral for me.

In fact after this week it'll be late Jan/early Feb until anything of interest becomes available (Warner Gangster set, Kagemusha CC, Raging Bull SE, Palm Beach Story, Night and the City CC, Thieves Highway CC, etc.)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
definitely: ROTK:EE.
probably: Silver Streak
possibly: Strayed

i have some gift certificates to use up, so i don't expect to actually be spending much, if any, money today.
after this, all i have upcoming is the Twilight Zone box in 2 weeks and then after that, nothing really urgent for quite a while (looks like March 1st is the first real BIG street date upcoming for me).

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Return of the King EE, Collateral, Top Gun, Bourne Supremacy, and Matrix Set on my lunch break. My wallet is suffering...but my DVD shelves will be smiling :)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I might pick up Top Gun but thats it. Im low on cash and still have to pick up a few more presents.

Ill rent Collateral.
Bourne and ROK:EE are on my Christmas list to Santa.

No desire for The Matrix. I have the individual releases and I dont care about the extras.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Tell me about it, I ROBOT, SILVER STREAK, RAYMOND SEASON 2, COLLATERAL, DOOR IN THE FLOOR, BUSTER KEATON from Last Week, LIVE AID X-Mas Gift, FAMILY GUY, plus others for gifts.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Tell me about it: Criterion's new M, ROTK EE, Mary Poppins, Wild at Heart, Man Trouble, How to Steal a Million - all shipped at the same time from Amazon. Whole month of December isn't much easier on the wallet. It lets up a bit later though, it look like.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Expensive Day

I think you just coined a new term. This seems to always happen a week or two before Christmas. So now we have Black Friday in November and Expensive Day in December. Happy Expensive Day everyone!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Just to share the pain....

I did ROTK, Poppins, and Spiderman 2 Superbit....Top Gun will have to wait. Its been a while since that many top titles were on my hit list on the same day.

Side plug for Spidey....the reactor start up scene is ASTOUNDING. Even my wife who does not normally share my enthusiasm for movies that make the couch dance around the room was duely impressed.

BGL

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
ROTK Gift Set and Mary Poppins for me on the DVD front, and picked up some Video Games as well today.

Argh!

Ray

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I picked up Return Of The King EE and Top Gun with the Best Buy bonus disc.

I rented Collateral and just finished watching it. Very cool film. Now I wish I purchased it as well :frowning:.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
One man's loss is another man's gain...

Thanks for the report, Robert, I was on the fence about buying Collateral (despite being a big Michael Mann fan) but now that I read your post, I might just have to add it to my Expensive Day list!

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I got ROTK, or course. I was in a hurry, so that was all I picked up. I also meant to get The Beverly Hillbillies and Mary Poppins as gifts.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Well ROTK EE and Top Gun were no brainers.

I thought of waiting on Collateral and I,Robot to get pre-veiwed copies from BlockBuster.

Since Jamie Foxx got a Golden Globe nod for best supporting actor, I went ahead and snatched Collateral, I already heard it was a great film all around so.

TopGun I got even less from BestBuy cause I had them match K-Mart's price of 12.99 so saved a couple of dollars.

But this past Sunday I had a 10% off coupon and picked up CopLand and AngelHeart, I have been wanting those for a little while.

I tell you what with some of the awesome DVD Reviews on this forum I think the studios should cut HTF in on some of the action. I base alot of my purchases on these reveiws and basic word of mouth. Hence I dont have I,Robot yet.:D

HAPPY EXPENSIVE DAY EVERYONE, Chris :)

BTW I love seeing on the bottom back of COLLATERAL under "Enhanced for Widescreen TV's" FULL SCREEN NOT AVAILABLE.
I have to say in classic "Nelson Muntz" HA ha

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
No kidding expensive day.

I wound up with:

ROTK: EE (no brainer)
Collateral (blind buy)
I, Robot (blind buy)
Top Gun SCE (finally a 16x9 version & DTS!)
Silver Streak (FINALLY-THANK YOU FOX!)
Rocky Anthology-($40 - 10% coupon = can't resist)

And just for good measure:

Legends Of The Fall SE and The Natural (2 for $15)
The Last Samurai (repurchase-sold it off for some stupid reason)

That's the brunt of it for December though.

Just Simpsons S5 and the 2004 Manchurian Candidate next week, and Sex And The City S6 Pt. 2 on the 28th. Plus 24 S3 as a gift. :)

Nothing like the holiday season for giving gifts to myself...

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Collateral & I, Robot along with a $10 Jackie Brown 2-disc set, all blind buys. I, Robot was good...and I know the next two should be winners. Woo!

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
No one is picking up Quantum Leap Season 2? This week was a killer. Due to being out of work though, King was all I could afford right now. QL S2 is top soon as I get money though. :)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
OK it wasn't too bad after all $90+ with tax for:ROTK,Top Gun Se,Dare Devil DC,I Robot, Collateral. I skipped the Matrix Box set for $58, thinking that maybe I can pick it up online somewhere cheaper.
Happy Expensive Day indeed!:D

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I picked up:
2 Top Gun copies (1 is a gift)
I-Robot
LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth game (Had to get my LOTR fix)

I was real close to getting ROTK but since it was the ONLY DVD I asked for for christmas I thought I'd wait. :)

The DTS soundtracks on Top Gun and I-Robot are very nice! I got the Best Buy bonus disc 2 because Charlie recommended it. I'll take a look this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks