What's new

Exorcist 25th anniversary edition DELETED? (1 Viewer)

DannyS

Second Unit
Has the exorcist 25th anniversary edition dvd be deleted? If so, can anyone tell me where I can get one?
cheers
Danny
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This version?
Link Removed
Yes, Image's web site lists it as Discontinued. I imagine you can find it on eBay, though. If I spot it elsewhere I'll certainly let you know.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
As David said, this edition is OOP...as to why, I have no idea.
Local B&M stores always seem to have one or two copies on hand, while I notice there is always five or six copies available in the Amazon.com Marketplace Seller section. You can also try--like David mentioned--eBay and Half.com.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Go to stores like Suncoast, Sam Goody, Media Play, The Warehouse, etc.... they should have a few copies of it in if you can't find it anywhere else.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Very interesting how so mnay original movies are going OOP...this just happened recently with Apoc. Now, of course, and other titles.

Page

Stunt Coordinator
As to why this version is OOP, I'd imagine it is because that the "newer" version ("The Version You've Never Seen") has been released and supercedes this version.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
If this is truly OOP then that is absolutely criminal. Superb release, the BBC documentary is excellent, a supplement fans should not be denied, let alone the original cut of the movie.
Dan (UK)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Maybe someone figured that "the version you've never seen" is better or something.
I don't know.
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked a used copy of this up. This is the version i've wanted with the BBC documentary, and I really didn't want to see a new ending to a masterpiece.

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
As to why this version is OOP, I'd imagine it is because that the "newer" version ("The Version You've Never Seen") has been released and supercedes this version.
I could be wrong, but this "newer" version I have never seen released in the UK where Danny is from.
You can still get copies of the original R2 DVD in Virgin Megastores. Anyone from the UK ever see the Channel 4 documentary that was even better than the BBC documentary.

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
This version is a gem if only for the additional material. There is some apparent problem with the audio track however. It was noted a long time ago on this forum and discussed at great length. I can't hear the difference except that it is shrill in some scenes. I think it only makes for a creepier viewing experience.
wink.gif

The VYNS has a much better picture quality and audio track due to the restoration process. But I agree, the new version, although interesting, is not the classic we are all familiar with.
------------------

Mark E J

Second Unit
I would assume that this means that there will be a new "Ultimate Edition" of some sort. I can't see the TVYNS becoming the only version out there since William Friedkin has never completely endorsed this version.
It is my understanding that he only did the new version to keep William Peter Blatty from doing his own TV-miniseries remake.
As for me I think both versions are equally good in their own ways. They provide a very interesting contrast between a books author's vision and a director's interpretation of it.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Since it is no longer the 25th Anniversary, Warner may just pull the version out now then re-release it without the 25th anniversary banner. Either way, I am glad I own this version alreay so I can view the original theatrical release.
J

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man that really sucks! Why on earth would they pull the ORIGINAL theatrical version!?!
Boy, i'm certainly glad I bought it a long time ago!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone who really likes 'Exorcist' should own both the 25th anniversary edition and the 'version you've never seen.' The commentaries are different (the one on TVYNS is terrible, the one on the 25th ann. ed. is wonderful) and the 25th ann. ed. has an amazing documentary.
I wish someone would make a nice double-disc cover that i could print out and replace these snappers with (in a 2-case amaray).

Duane M Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Duane Davis
The ones in my local BB just say Special Edition without the gold foil or the 25th Anniversary banner, otherwise they are exactly the same. Perhaps you can look it up that way.
------------------
"Would you like to play spider with me?" ~Spider Baby

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I just ordered this DVD from www.absound.ca I think...
They had two versions, one they called Spec Ed, which displayed a cover image with what seemed like the 25th ann banner on top, so that is the version I ordered. They also had one they called Exorcist (Blatty) which had no cover displayed. Would I be correct in thinking this is "the version you've never seen"?
I normally love absound, but I do not like their web site all that much. In a few cases it is hard to know what you are looking at.
------------------
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed
[Edited last by Bjørn Olav Nyberg on September 17, 2001 at 02:29 AM]

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I was hoping that Warner Brothers might re-release The Exorcist 25th anniversary DVD retitled as just a "Special Edition" on a RSDL disc, after all the 25th anniversary was over some years ago.
Where can I go to download quality fan made (anti-snapper) covers?
------------------
-Kevin M.
"Have a good time all the time........that's my philosophy, Marty."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks