What's new

Exit Wounds dvd! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I just have to compliment Warner Brothers on a reference quality dvd. I watched it again last night for the 3rd time and all I can say is wow! The picture is beautiful. And the sound is great. Very good use of all 5.1 speakers. I also want to comment on the movie itself. Great action flick. I thought it had a good mix of everything. Action, humor, drama. It also had some pretty cool cars and guns in it. The Lamborghini was soooo sweet. This is what I remember action flicks being like. Hopefully they make more flicks like this in the future. Maybe it's a Steven Segal comeback??
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
I for one sure hope that it isn't a Steven Segal comeback. It may be a great movie, but I choose not to see it because of him. IMO I think he is a scumbag and poor actor. Remember IMO.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree that this is another beauty of a transfer from Warner!
The movie itself is another issue! Actually, I found it somewhat entertaining, although predictable and mindless! :)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yeah, it's one of those turn your brain off totally cliche mindless action flicks but still very enjoyable. I thought Tom Arnold was pretty funny. The small part he was in it. And Kendal, those are some rough comments. Scumbag? Why is he a scumbag? I admit, his acting is not the best, but I like the way he kicks ass!
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I have to rent this movie soon. I've read all the HTF reviews about the audio/video quality of the movie, and one side of me says to buy it to see how great the transfer is. But, if I don't like the movie...maybe I'll rent this one this weekend!
------------------
Link Removed

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Gotta love the beginning when Segal is spraying bullets with a hand gun! :)

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
I understand this is a "mindless action film" but no matter
how hard I tried ( and I really tried, checking brain at
the door, hitting switch on back of neck that said off, trying to imagine that Seagal was Deniro) to get into this
flick, I couldn't! The thing that really cracks me up
about Seagal is that he thinks he is making an important film!! Please, NO Steven Seagal comeback....PLEASE???
BTW- I have to admit I did like one Seagal flick, Above
the Law. For what it was, it was pretty good. I think his
acting actually got worse over time. I do have an AWESOME
idea for a new Seagal film though. It would be a Three
Stooges remake starring Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris
and Steven Seagal!! I would love to see that movie!!!

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
That is just it, he kicks ass, namely his wives!!! He has beat two of his ex-wives, or was that a mistress and his ex-wife? Regardless, he doesn't rate very high in my book.
[Edited last by Kendal Kirk on November 15, 2001 at 04:45 PM]
[Edited last by Kendal Kirk on November 15, 2001 at 04:47 PM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Actually if you just take the film with Anthony Anderson and Tom Arnold, the film is pretty entertaining.
I bought it! It's good fun!
And I'm NOT a Steven fan, except for Under Seige-GREAT MOVIE!
------------------

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
There's no shortage of Segal non-fans around. :)
He's notorious for being inexplicably rough with his stuntmen. I know of one gentleman in particular who takes no crap himself and humbled Segal on a film set a number of years ago.
I'm not a fan based on that information alone: something about movie actors believing they can actually tussle is pretty obnoxious.

Mike Mallory

Agent
I like a good action film, and SS has made a few ("Above the Law", "Under Siege" and "Under Siege II") but most of his stuff reeks. Why? Look no further than the above mentioned films. They all had a semblance of a plot.
- Mike

Ben Rogers

Stunt Coordinator
This movie is horrible. I fell asleep during the movie. Thanks God that I rented this one from Netflix

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I saw it at the movies and loved it!
He can be good when he is surrounded by decent actors like in Under Seige.
JohnG:)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
JakeR,
Two things;
  1. If the story is true, you've have got to spill the beans on
    something about movie actors believing they can actually tussle...
    Not sure where this is coming from, but I'm quite sure Seagal can open up a can of whoop-ass on many a 'stuntman', double or extra. He's a 7th Degree Black Belt Aikido Master! IMO, I think he's one bad Mofo (even if he can't act).
My listing of Seagal movies that I liked (in order from best to worst);
  1. Above The Law
  2. Marked For Death
  3. Out For Justice
  4. Under Siege
  5. Exit Wounds
  6. Under Siege 2:Dark Territory
The rest of his movies I either didn't like or didn't care to see. For a non-acting action star, he's allright in my book.
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks