What's new

exhausted my interest in HTF (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Since recently completing my home theater and lobby (1 1/2years of design/development), I have slowly began to lose interest in the re-occurring topics here at the HTF. It seems the same threads are started over and over and over.

Currently, the only threads that can somewhat hold my interest are the software related ones. And even these are starting to get repetitious. Sometimes I wonder if anyone here actually enjoys movies or just the technology and collecting aspect.

Have any other longtime HTF members noticed this?

Are you even still here?

Will this lull in my interest pass?

BTW, This is not a bash on HTF, just my own personal realization.;)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It could be that since you are now through or past the hardware/construction phases of your theater that you have a "been there done that now just let me watch a movie attitude." A year and a half is a lot of time to devote to a big project. Your construction is done, so no need to get construction advice or ideas on hardware. You are finally ready to "enjoy movies". For me personally home theater has had cycles. I'll upgrade and upgrade and get my HT to where I want to and then just enjoy movies for a while. The upgrade bug will then hit again. My wife and I are currently buiding a dedicated home theater room. After that is finished, I will still be involved with this (construction/automation) forum, if anything I will hopefully have more to contribute, but might get less out of it (since I will be done). I think the same threads are started over and over because new home theaters are being started over and over. Its just the home theater circle of life.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I agree. Someone starts a thread about people only being interested in technology or collecting about 3-4 times a year.:D

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
It happens. I lose interest in all HT related forums from time to time. But they always wind up calling my name again and I get hooked once again.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It has been said that happiness is in ACCOMPLISHING not ACCOMPLISHMENT, meaning that if you have "arrived" then you may lose interest after a while. If you are continually striving for new "goals" then you will find that things will be better.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Champion lurker.
Casual poster.
Always striving to get better.
I never lose interest.

If it wasn't for HTF I would still own a HTIB paired up with direct view t.v. :thumbsdown:
Hey wait a minute, do you think I can hold them liable for my addiction and recoup some money back? :b

Keith M.

Second Unit
Neil Joseph:
I think you nailed it! It was just so exciting to build and create the theater and lobby. I went into it not knowing anything about construction, electricity etc.

I have learned a great deal along the way, so now Im just enjoying the show...

Jeff Gatie:

Im relieved to hear from others who share my love of film. I am just recently introducing myself to the foreign movies. I actually saw Rashomon for the first time and loved it. Unfortunately, my wallet is now hurting from all the Criterions that have become must-haves...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks