What's new

Excuses you will use to get out of Work to see SWII (1 Viewer)

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Well I am going to walkin in.... stand on top of a desk and yell
I am going to see Star Wars.... who is comming with me?
I am quite sure the entire place will empty out and my boss will drive :D

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Waiting until Friday to see it because it's my 21st wedding anniversary. Wife and I have already dubbed the "We're 21 years old again" day. We're taking the whole day off together, playing putt-putt and going to see AOTC at a mid-day matinee.

Whoo-whoo!

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Excuses??? Peh, I simply told the boss I'm taking the day off. :D Man I am really getting excited too. Ron's positive review has me all tingly inside.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im just going to take the day off. I havent taken personal time/vacation time in 2 years. This is a time to take off :)

capt

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Challenger told Reuters that technology firms were likely to be hit harder than most because of the high proportion of geeks among staff, who were likely to be Star Wars aficionados
:laugh: :laugh:
I guess they got everyone figured out.:D
My excuse:
There is a great disturbence in the force, I must investigate. It is my destiny!:)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Update: my boss went to the Cinerama personally to stand in line and buy tickets for the whole office and a few friends. This is after he got me to find out when and where to buy tickets, and trying to buy them online for a couple hours. I think this new job of mine is going to work out juuuuuuuuuuust fine. :D

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Steve, you damn lucky bastard.:) Man, I thought i had a pretty good guy for a boss.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Interesting story...

Back in 7th grade (3 years ago) my World Cultures (Social Studies) teacher and I were talking about Star Wars (since Episode I was coming out soon). He mentioned that his brother liked Star Wars so much, that he while he was searching for a job, he demanded that he get the day off for Episode I, or else he would look for work somewhere else.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Excuses?

Hell, I AM the boss. And on the 16th, I'm treating those who work in my office (secretaries and their husbands and kids, my assistant, and my wife) to a showing that night.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I took off May 20 & 21.

Ive left work early a few times to see movies. I usualy say I have to leave early to do something and they dont ask why.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
So is this where you all want to kill me when I tell you I'm seeing it Tuesday and don't need to wait around 'til the 16th? No need to get out of work since it is work. :)
The geek showing of a new Star Wars movie is one of the greatest movie-going experiences out there. Lightsaber duels in the isles, the costumes, the cheering, the open weeping the first time a lightsaber is ignited or at the opening theme's first blast (BETTER BE AT 11! IF MY EARDRUMS DON'T POP IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH!)
I'd beg to differ, but if that does it for you, enjoy. I could do without the distractions.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm with Mark on the distractions...I don't like to pays my money and takes my seats after waiting several hours, just to listen to some 'enthusiasts' go nuts over every little moment. I want to enjoy the experience with fans as much as the next fan, but I don't want to be embarassed bringing my wife either.
And, like Jason, I don't work at midnight...so that's when I am seeing it:D
Take care,
Chuck

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
My girlfriend can't go with me at the midnight showing. We had planned to though. Should I go alone.:frowning: Believe it or not, I have never been to a movie alone.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
My girlfriend can't go with me at the midnight showing. We had planned to though. Should I go alone. Believe it or not, I have never been to a movie alone.
You don't have any geek friends???? I'm going with all my friends and we will have geeky conversations standing in line for the midnight show :D.
-Tom

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I asked my best friend. He couldn't go, and the theaters I'm going to is sold out for the midnight showing. I've got a couple more that I'm going with on Friday at 7PM, along with my girlfriend. Some of my friends could give a rat's ass about SW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks