What's new

Exclusive Universal DVD Titles at Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
With all the conversation about some of the Blu-ray exclusives from Universal Studios at Wal-Mart (FAHRENHEIT 451, THE HINDENBURG), I wanted to post a notice that some additional exclusives are available on standard DVD as well.

Over the past few weeks, I've seen the following at WM ...

TAMMY AND THE BACHELOR with Debbie Reynolds (solo release with none of the Sandra Dee titles)
BLUE COLLAR with Richard Pryor
MIDNIGHT LACE with Doris Day
40 POUNDS OF TROUBLE with Tony Curtis (previously available on MOD)

Today they added THE BRASS BOTTLE with Tony Randall and Barbara Eden and THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN with Lily Tomlin which had both been available as a Universal Vault MOD release.

I'm watching BOTTLE as I type this and it looks great. Best looking Eastman Color film I've seen.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I had seen all the titles you mentioned . But had not seen The Brass Bottle yet. I think i'll check Wally for it on my way home today . I did pick up 40 Pounds of Trouble and Blue Collar . I thought both looked pretty good . I wish they would put out some new titles . But i'll take what i can get . Thanks for the heads up .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
With all the conversation about some of the Blu-ray exclusives from Universal Studios at Wal-Mart (FAHRENHEIT 451, THE HINDENBURG), I wanted to post a notice that some additional exclusives are available on standard DVD as well.

TAMMY AND THE BACHELOR with Debbie Reynolds (solo release with none of the Sandra Dee titles)

Today they added THE BRASS BOTTLE with Tony Randall and Barbara Eden and THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN with Lily Tomlin which had both been available as a Universal Vault MOD release.

I'm watching BOTTLE as I type this and it looks great. Best looking Eastman Color film I've seen.
I rarely go to WM these days... and The Brass Bottle doesn't show up on line! Dang it! That means I "need" to go to one of the local stores to see if they have a copy. What was the price?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I stopped in the larger store here today - no luck. :( Maybe it'll show up online... I'll jump on it for that price!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Brass Bottle may be temporary WM "exclusive" - although it's still not at Walmart.com (or at least I can't find it - either version). I just found a new listing at Amazon with a release date of 7/4/17.

I pre-ordered just in case, but should I come across one in one of the WM stores here I'll get it there.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Another Universal Wal-Mart exclusive showed up today. It's a standard DVD release of the Hammer PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with Herbert Lom.
Also, there's a huge display of older Universal titles in slipcovers called the "Vintage Art Series". The cardboard slipcovers feature nice artwork from the original posters. THE BRASS BOTTLE was one of them along with titles like PSYCHO, REAR WINDOW, SWEET CHARITY, THE LOVE GOD, the 1934 CLEOPATRA, MANS FAVORITE SPORTS and others. Most of these were $6.88, I believe. (I wish I could just buy the slipcovers as most of the titles I already own.)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I have to stop at Walmart tomorrow . I'll have to check and see if my local Wallyworld has anything .

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I have to stop at Walmart tomorrow . I'll have to check and see if my local Wallyworld has anything .

The Universal Vintage Art Series display in my 2 area stores was not located in the DVD/CD area but at the front of the store in a 4-sided display that also featured "Fast & Furious" titles and "Aliens" DVDs on the other sides/

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
RBailey, Thanks for the heads up on the location of the universal set up . I'm going to check it out .

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Today I noticed the original McHALE'S NAVY feature on the new release wall. This has previously been available as a MOD Universal Vault release and as a double feature from Shout paired with McHALE'S NAVY JOINS THE AIR FORCE.

As a side note, the Wal-Mart exclusive 40th Anniversary edition of SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT is now available. $14.96 for a Blu-ray and DVD copy and a Vudu digital copy. The package also includes the CMT documentary , THE BANDIT, about director and stuntman Hal Needham.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Saw 4 more Universal DVD exclusives this morning at Wal-Mart.

I SAW WHAT YOU DID (William Castle) with Joan Crawford.
THE ISLAND with Michael Caine
THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER (John Huston) with George C. Scott and disguised cameos from
Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum, Frank Sinatra and Burt Lancaster
STICK with Burt Reynolds, Candice Bergen and George Segal

paul pisano

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
paul pisano
looks like the titles walmart have added are pressed discs since all were MOD's before.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Saw 4 more Universal DVD exclusives this morning at Wal-Mart.

I SAW WHAT YOU DID (William Castle) with Joan Crawford.
THE ISLAND with Michael Caine
THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER (John Huston) with George C. Scott and disguised cameos from
Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum, Frank Sinatra and Burt Lancaster
STICK with Burt Reynolds, Candice Bergen and George Segal[/QUOTE

Has anybody seen any of these titles in stores in Orange County, California?

Thanks.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for reporting all these, would never have know otherwise.

I stumbled across Resurrection on pressed disc a few months ago at a different store, just FYI if anyone's interested in that one.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Watched The Brass Bottle for the first time ever and loved it!

I think we need a Barbara Eden appreciation thread too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks