What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time September/October 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
Perhaps we already do have Walter Hill's thoughts on this*. Did anyone catch the following exchange in the comments section of caps-a-holic?

* assuming that really is the director speaking, and not some kind of elaborate spoof. Reads as legit though.
That's not Walter Hill, that's a fan, i can't see Walter Hill hanging out at cap-a-holics.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
Confirmed?
Call it a hunch. If that's Walter Hill and he hung out on the internet then he would more than likely be a member of HTF and be in this thread too telling us his thoughts and posting as an insider, i just don't see a director commenting at a screencap site.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Although I usually agree your "hunches" Malcolm, I don't get a warm-fuzzy from your track record in this thread so far today. :P

I think Eddie Larkin's link might support you on this one though...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
Although I usually agree your "hunches" Malcolm, I don't get a warm-fuzzy from your track record in this thread so far today. :P

I think Eddie Larkin's link might support you on this one though...
The heats killing me, its after 4am here and i cannot sleep tonight, i had the same problem yesterday.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The heats killing me, its after 4am here and i cannot sleep tonight, i had the same problem yesterday.
It's a lot worse in London, I hate these very hot summers, just as well they only come around about every ten years. Roll on the Autumn (I suppose I should say Fall here).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"its original US cut, which is what is on the Twilight Time disc."I didn't say that the "US version" is cut. But it's missing one scene that's on the other releases. This is a fact, whether you like it not.You're really paranoid when it comes to TT. But that's nothing new.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Billy Batson said:
It's a lot worse in London, I hate these very hot summers, just as well they only come around about every ten years. Roll on the Autumn (I suppose I should say Fall here).
Currently winter here in Australia and I'm trying to savour every moment of it. I don't cope well in the summer months.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Jari K said:
"its original US cut, which is what is on the Twilight Time disc."I didn't say that the "US version" is cut. But it's missing one scene that's on the other releases. This is a fact, whether you like it not.You're really paranoid when it comes to TT. But that's nothing new.
I'm not paranoid, I'm about facts. Which I stated. Insults are not really necessary so while I could lob a few in your direction, out of respect for Ron and others, I won't.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Perhaps we should start a weather thread! I prefer the summer to be long and hot, at least it's better than the rain we usually get and we can get the bbq out I have just come in from playing football with my young son. I thought I would have a quick look to see if anything from my 'wish list for 2014' has been announced. No luck.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"I'm about facts."Like that the European BD releases have one additional scene over the TT release. That kind of facts?For the record, I never said that which "version" is approved by the director and what's perhaps not.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We have warned posters about making personal references towards other members in these threads. That means referring to another poster as "paranoid" should be avoided as our intention is to have civil discussions on this board.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Jari K said:
"I'm about facts."Like that the European BD releases have one additional scene over the TT release. That kind of facts?For the record, I never said that which "version" is approved by the director and what's perhaps not.
Sorry, I will not rise to your repeated bait. Here is the post I made - filled with facts and relevant information. For the record, I state clearly what I know and don't know. The relevant points are, I believe, fairly easy to comprehend, though.

"Studio Canal is not billing their disc as the "uncut" version - whether it's longer by a minute or so, or isn't has nothing to do with Fox, who made the film, or its original US cut, which is what is on the Twilight Time disc. If Studio Canal does indeed have an extra minute is not known to me and if there was some extension of some scene that's in their master that has nothing to do with what was originally released. There are occasionally differences between countries' releases, but Twilight Time put out the Fox transfer - you know, Fox, who made the film."

And what makes you think I was responding to you, anyway? I was responding to the information in the thread you were talking about. Moving along.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Come on. Get back to the weather.
It's a mild 13 degrees Celsius (55 Fahrenheit) here and I have a feeling that Spring is going to come really early this year.
I'll be stocking up on Blu rays for those long summer nights in January when it's impossible to sleep .. our garden out back has a natural cool shelter under a swamp gum and a couple of wattle trees but we can't use it as there's always three or four kangaroos stretched out full-length -- they don't like having their siesta disturbed. And there's always a couple of young joeys hopping in and out of their mother's pouch.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Here is a exclusive photo of some of Anthony's back yard friends after his recent revival screening of "KANGAROO JACK"
roo.jpg

1st Kangaroo asked "Wot no Skippy? Tell Tony I want my grass seeds back"

Doug. :P

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
AnthonyClarke said:
I'll be stocking up on Blu rays for those long summer nights in January when it's impossible to sleep ..
I'm stocking up on them for the winter, not only is it too hot to sleep but it's too hot to watch movies, i should probably watch Ice Cold In Alex, that movie has a lot of sweat and is how i am feeling all this week but they get a really good cool drink at the end of it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 09/01/2014​
Twilight Time is pleased to announce another “lost gem” from master craftsman Richard Fleischer - in it’s eagerly awaited Blu-Ray release format!
“CHE”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2014
Made just two years after his death, Che! (1969) is the Hollywood version of the life of Argentinian doctor-turned-revolutionary Che Guevara (Omar Sharif), who became the legendary partner of rebel fighter Fidel Castro (Jack Palance) in the ultimately successful Cuban Revolution. Directed by the gifted Richard Fleischer (Violent Saturday, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) and featuring a spectacular score by Lalo Schifrin (available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track), the film traces the fabled course of Guevara’s struggle and final disillusionment.

“One of the bizarre products of Hollywood's brief flirtation with revolution in the ’60s, a fence-sitting but occasionally amusing account of Guevara's career. Remarkable for its eccentric casting of Palance as an amphetamine-popping Castro.” —Time Out London
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks