What's new

Exciting new Warner promotion! (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2449

Warner loves their consumers, and it shows. I love the idea of the bonus discs, and I can't wait to see a list of the shows they have planned to release with the promotion. The rebate offer is outstanding as well. If you were to buy all 6 of the Feb 8th DVDs you'd probably spend $150 (6x$25) and then you'd get $50 back. Just think, that's 6 season sets for $100, AND 6 bonus DVDs with who knows what on it.

Mark To: I'm sure you'll see some of those classics you love so much on these bonus discs.

Gord

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad these february releases have nothing in it for me, that I can justify spending my budget on.

I sure as heck would love to know, what these bonus discs have to offer. Any ideas?

Hopefully these are episodes of Shows that won't get released in Season Sets, due to rights/music issues.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, they still need to work out the music for these free DVDs. I don't have any hints as to the episodes that will be included on the various discs.

I'm sure some people will be offering these on eBay if they're not interested in the discs.

Gord

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Gord, I was thinking, that even Shows like Wonder Years and WKRP must have the odd episode, with little to no music in it. I'm not saying that those two shows are owned by WB, cause I wouldn't know, but these are the most prominent examples I could think of. You see now where I was going? Lol.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
I just hope that Warner is smart enough to make the rebate consumer friendly. What I mean by this is I hope that you will not be forced to destroy packaging to send in proof of purchase tabs or UPCs. I have never sent for a rebate because of this and I beleive studios do this on purpose so consumers will not apply rebates.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I love Warner and their TV product, but if they really loved us they'd put some freakin chapter stops in their episodes...ok I'm done.

Sounds like an interesting promotion, I probably won't buy all 6 box sets that come out that day but a few of them do interest me.

As to the comment above, I don't know what shows owned by WB are hung up on music issues at least to the extent of WKRP and the Wonder Years, both Fox titles FYI.

Now I want to talk to Warner about Whose Line is it anyway, the Drew Carey show, and Welcome Back Kotter. especially the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks