What's new

Excited to see the 80's Twilight Zone... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else excited about next week release of the 80's Twilight Zone? It will be nice to see these episodes unedited for the first time in 20 years. While most of the episodes were ok or mediocre. Their were some truly good episodes...Profile in Silver.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Oh yeah, "Profile In Silver" was the best. But there were others...

The Star
Dead Run
Nightcrawlers
Voices In The Earth
Shatterday
Her Pilgrim Soul
Quarantine
The Once And Future King

Hmmmm. I was actually gonna skip this, but now I don't know....

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't say excited but I am happy. Once less thing I have to transfer from my VHS masters. Every little bit helps.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have a list of what episodes will be in this set?

Craig, you are right. Those are some great episodes.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
You left out the best one (IMNSHO)

"Paladin of the Lost Hour" w/Danny Kaye, script by Harlan Ellison

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The 80s series is something I am really looking forward to, as I have seen only a few episodes. I have seen every episode of the original series many times over and will be picking up the definitive season 1 on the same day as well. :)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The summary says 24 episodes so if you look at the Episode Guide: http://epguides.com/TwilightZone_1985/

If you count the combined episodes per date, it adds up to 24, so I'm pretty sure these are the episodes in this Season 1 set.

I also remember watching this show and I'm also glad it's coming out although it's going to break the wallet with the other set coming out too!

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
I remember the episode "The Burning Man" was pretty good too, it was short but it creeped me out back then.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I was excited about the '80's series being released but I'm going to hold off until the second season is released to see if music rights issues force changes in "The Once And Future King" episode. Don't want to be stuck with just one season of a show again.

Randy

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
I understand what your saying but for a show like this, you can own one season and it not effect other seasons. The good thing about anthology shows is each episode is a separate story. Buying it as soon as it comes out, I want to support this set so they make enough to not screw with future sets.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

Sorry but I disagree. If I can't have the whole series with all the original music intact I'd rather not own any of it. "The Once And Future King" is one of my all time favorite episodes of any series. I don't know how many times I've watched it. Any changes to it I would know instantly and would totally ruin my viewing experience. I have made exceptions in the past regarding muscic but no more.

Randy

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Lots of good episodes in that first season. Stories by Robert R. McCammon, Stephen King, Arthur C. Clarke, Greg Bear, Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Theodore Sturgeon, Robert Silverberg, Richard Matheson.

This is a must-own for fans of science fiction and fantasy.

The 80s TZ got a lot of crap, at the time, for even daring to use the "Twilight Zone" name, but it was a more than worthy successor to the classic series.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator

Hey, that's fine with me ,I just don't think it applies as much to this type of set as opposed to say Quantum Leap or Miami Vice etc..were music can effect future episodes as well. My point was you could have a great first season of classic stories at least, but you seem tunnel visoned into that one episode, where as I am more concerned with all of them. Hope it turns out ok for you on that one though ,I can't say as I'm happy on what happened to the Leap so I understand in a way.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, Well it's just that I'm a completist. I have a great first season of "Northern Exposure", and I probably wouldn't notice any changes in season two since I didn't watch it much during its initial run and the changes probably don't affect future episodes either. So I wouldn't say I'm tunnel visioned I've just drawn a line in the sand that's all. One of my main reasons for collecting TV Shows on DVD was being able to own the whole series uncut. Including music. Now I know that's impossible with a lot of shows. So I'll wait and any changes = no sale.

Randy

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Having many episodes of the original TZ series on DVD and LD already, I'm actually more excited about getting the 80s version. I have the book that collected many of the terrific original stories those episodes were based on, and reading it has gotten me quite eager to see the Season 1 set. I watched some of the show when it aired and found it reasonably good, with "The Star" (that's the Arthur C Clarke one, right?) making the biggest impression.

I have preordered the original series' Season 1 set too, but the high price is making me think about holding off until later. This past quarter was murder on the wallet, with so many fine releases.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
The ep I am looking forward to in this release [can't remember the title] was the one where the journalist went to the park, and encountered a boy, whom she took to right away. They became very good friends, and one day, she received word that a once in a lifetime career opportunity had come up, and she was telling him about it. The boy was very sad, and tried to talk her out of it. He finally confessed that he was her son, from some sort of alternate future, and that if she took this assignment, yes, she would launch a great and distinguished journalism career, but he would never be. She opted to take the career opportunity, and he went off into the sunset, waving goodbye to her. VERY well done, and touching. I remember crying when I saw that.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So this set is coming out this tuesday? I cant find anything pointing towards a solid release date.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for this one for a very long time.

Along with some of the others mentioned, I was also quite fond of "To See the Invisible Man" It's a shame that the recent UPN version couldn't hold a candle to the two previous versions.

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks