What's new

Excessive drive noise from DirectTivo (1 Viewer)

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my Sony SAT-T60, it works great so far. The only thing is I can hear the hard drives spinning when my audio system/TV is off, even at my listening position.
Even when I turn the machine off, I can still hear it spinning. Is this normal? If I'm listening to music, I don't want any extra noise in the room.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
It's normal to hear a certain amount of noise, regardless if the power is on or off. Remember, that's a spinning hard drive in there, and even if the power is off, it might still be recording something. However, excessive noise might indicate some problem. I can hear mine spinning, but only if I get up and walk to my entertainment center. I definately can't here it from my listening position. My unit is behind a glass door though.

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I can't hear my Philips DSR6000 unless I get my head right next too it. However, a lot of users comment about some level of noise from the drives. I don't think the noise is indicative of a problem though. Apparantly, some units are a little noisier than others for some reason.
JR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks