What's new

Excellent HD-DVD / Blu-ray software prices at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I found this on another forum and thought I'd post it here. Buy any 3 titles and get an additional 10% off and then also get 10% off on additonal purchases for the next year. Most of their pre-orders are at $19.95.

I just bought T3: Rise of the Machines, Corpse Bride and Batman Begins for a total of $53.86, that's $17.95 per HD-DVD with free super saver shipping.

Here's the details and promo codes. Amazon

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I'm always interested in these type of posts.

Clearly the cost of software is a big stumbling block when a new format appears, since that's where you're going the spend the most money over time.

Cheap players help, but most people look past that.

Amazon seems to be selling catalog HD-DVDs for the same amount as newer DVDs at B&M.

Guess I'm just wondering if any new format can catch fire mostly through on-line sales, since HD software at B&M still runs from $25-$35.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Didn't know. I had four BB gift cards to burn up since Christmas, still have one left with $40 on it so I've been using those and not shopping online for my disks. Now that there almost gone it's time I start looking for the deals.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, most of us have been enjoying these Amazon discounts
for many months now.

...and look into Amazon PRIME. For $79 a year you get auto
2-day shipping on all items. There's a 3-month free trial that
I believe comes with no obligation.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Who in this thread doesnt love Amazon.com?

Superior 2-day fedex deal.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
We get UPS down here, and DHL on occasion.

I've been using the HD DVD discount for weeks now, and my only complaint against Amazon is that they do not always list titles as available, when they have been available for weeks. Examples include most of the early Paramount titles. They also don't have The Lake House, which is due on Tuesday.

- Steve

MarekM

Supporting Actor
Hmm I was trying to make second order of 3 movies and here is message what I've got :

" Important Message
We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions. "

Marek

MarekM

Supporting Actor

van helsing, bourne supermacy and fast&furious.........

(ordering only universal titles :)) all others will be blu-ray, but those have to be region B, because of regional coding :frowning:

Marek

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

Here's how I understand this deal works: You place an order of either three HD DVD or three Blu-ray movies, entering the promotional coupon at check-out. Then you wait 72 hours for the discount to take effect, and you'll automatically get 10% off both HD DVDs and Blu-Ray movies, regardless of which type of discs you ordered to enroll in the deal. You can't, and don't need to, enroll twice for HD DVDs and Blu-Ray separately.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

thanx Marko, I was not sure from wich point I have to wait those 72 hours....
because from first order I already received 2 movies, 3rd maybe tomorrow....,
so I thought that as you mentioned I will receive 10% automatically..., probably I will see today or tomorrow if it will appier during my ordering...
thanx again,

Marek

PerryD

Supporting Actor
It tooks a couple days after my third movie shipped before the automatic 10% started working. Unfortunately, just a day before I finally got the discount, the Mission Impossible set went from $55 to $70.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

thanx for info, it seem I have to be patient ;) still no 10% automatic discount..

Marek

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
give them a call.

when this deal first popped up i didnt even use the code
just put three in the cart and the discount was there.

MarekM

Supporting Actor
Now I am starting to not like AMAZON very much :frowning:

my shippment is 3 days late, I can't list this order to track it........ I can't print my invoice, because my order can't be found :frowning:

it's really disspointing :frowning:

Marek

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Nothing from Amazon on my T3 yet.

While Amason's prices are great their service plain sucks. This should have been in the mail and on it's way to me already.

Depending on how they do with the three I just ordered will determine if I order more or not. I'll pay more to get my movies when I want them, not order them and wait, and wait, and wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks