Excellent find today: Fletch for $8.99

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brent M, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I was at my local used DVD store today and just happened to come across the out of print Fletch DVD for only $8.99 + tax. I had already been contemplating buying this disc on eBay for around $40 so it's a good thing I stopped in there today as I'm sure it wouldn't have lasted long. Even better is the fact that this place only sells MINT condition discs so there are no scratches on the DVD and it came with cover art, insert, etc. I absolutely love Fletch and I'm glad I was finally able to add it to my collection. [​IMG]

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Fletch was on of my college years faves. Still is. Sooooooo many great quoteable lines. Fletch is certainly worthy of a great special edition treatment with commentary from Chase. How cool would that be?

"could you love a girl like that?"...Fletch answers, "5-10 minutes tops". [​IMG]

3. Brent M

Brent M Producer

It's part of the great Chevy Chase trifecta(Fletch, Caddyshack and National Lampoon's Vacation) and is one of the most quotable films ever IMHO. I'm really glad I was finally able to find it on DVD.

4. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    I can see it now, Universal Press Release for an upcoming special edition:

Fletch: The Fat Sam & Gummy Edition [​IMG]

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Well, this year is the film's 20th anniversary, Universal does have a habit of discontinuing titles that they plan on revisiting soon, and they're only now announcing their October releases ("The Big Lebowski" comes out on October 18) so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see "Fletch: 20th Anniversary Edition" by the end of the year.