Excellent column explaining the state of affairs with the disgraceful Chicago Bulls

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Perry, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

When it was evident that the dynasty would be broken up after six championships in eight years, GM Jerry Krause made some ill-advised statements, such as "organizations win championships," and "we don't want to become like the Boston Celtics after Larry Bird." Well, it is apparent that the Bulls are much worse than the post-Bird Celtics ever were, and in fact are an embarrassment to pro sports and the city.
    Now don't get me wrong -- I certainly didn't expect the Bulls to win any more titles for a while, but I figured they would at least try to be competitive and entertaining. Instead, Krause has joined other GMs who suddenly feel it is acceptable to throw away entire seasons for the purpose of someday possibly winning a title. Their thinking is that the only way to get real good is to blow everything up (in this case, more than once) with the hopes of getting some lottery picks. Meanwhile, the fans suffer.
    Anyway, the following article by Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune completely explains the problems the Bulls organization now face. It seems the fighting between the coach, GM, and owner will be more exciting than the product they are giving us on the court.
    http://chicagosports.com/columnists/...169431,00.html

2. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Was ranting. Delete. [​IMG]

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

It almost seems the Jerry's are waiting for the next Michael Jordan to come in the draft.

Jon

4. Sam C

Sam C Stunt Coordinator

Column ... All you need is a photgraph of the fat butchers ... Speaking of the next Michal Jordan ... Maybe Jerry Krause is hiding him in his neck ...

5. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

Reisdork and fat ass Krause should have been taken down to Daley Plaza and hung in a public viewing years ago. Every time I here their names, "MOTHERFUCKIN COCKSUCKIN PIMPS!!!!!" Sorry, but it's true.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

7. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Hate to admit it, but I have to say that the Bulls are getting what they deserve. Krause has alienated so many former players that nobody is go to be willing to play for them. And thanks to Reinsdorf's pathetic handling of my favorite Chicago baseball team, I'd like to see his basketball business suffer as well.