What's new

Ex member is leaching email addresses for spam. Be aware! (1 Viewer)

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I got the same E-mail. I think the suggestion that he may have harvested from the top posters list would be the most accurate.
I also know that HTF would never sell the list and I know that Max knows this as well and was not intending to suggest otherwise. He just used a poor choice of titles...thats all.
Mike

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
4-5 spam emails a day? Consider yourself lucky. I range about 100 spam emails a day...
------------------
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

David Tallen

Stunt Coordinator
Not even Parker has the list that I have.
Wow! You do have tight security. I guess we all knew that Parker was not to be trusted.
laugh.gif
Just kidding.
Ron, I hope you have written down explicit instructions for Parker in the unlikely event that you step in front of a bus.
On the other hand, it might just be good insurance to make yourself irreplaceable. (I can't seem to stop myself. Sorry, guys.)
------------------
"If you set aside Three Mile Island and Chernobyl, the safety record of nuclear is really very good." Paul O'Neill, Treasury Secretary.

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I received the E-Mail as well but I’m not on the “Top Poster” List. I respond to his E-mail asking him where he received my E-Mail Address and here was his response:
Andrew,
I got your address browsing in either the HT Forum or AVS forum.
I assure you that neither of those organizations sold me any mailing lists. At the time it seemed like a good idea to spread the word about a service that I thought would interest other fellow Home Theater enthusiasts. I certainly didn't intend to cause any one any inconvenience.
I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience!
------------------
~Andrew~
~Pronto Programmer~
AIM SN: FFU Productions
ICQ #: 21603991
Home Theater Pictures
Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks