What's new

Ewoks & Droids on DVD ....... (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
With the announcement of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, maybe we'll get SPECIAL EDITION - The Way They Were Meant to Be Experienced with the Ewok movies. A digitally enhanced Wicket with new added special effects.
As a fan of digital rape, I'd personally like to see ILM insert a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal into Wilford Brimley's hand everytime he appears on screen.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
What were the "lyrics" to Star Wars that Carrie Fisher sang in the Holiday Special?
Taken from a transcript of the show:

LEIA
(singing)
We celebrate a day of peace. A day of
harmony. A day of joy we can all share
together joyously. A day that takes us
through the darkness. A day that leads us
into might. A day that makes us want to
celebrate the light. A day that brings the
promise that one day, we'll be free to
live, to laugh, to dream, to grow, to
trust, to love, to be.

And yes, the Holiday Special really was horrible. I watched maybe a month and a half ago, and it was awful. If it is ever included on DVD, I wouldn't mind seeing some "highlights" though. Especially the Boba Fett cartoon. Art Carney was pretty good. And I think it gives a good idea of Imperial occupation of a planet.

This was barely touched upon in the films. But with that said, what the hell was up with that? So much of it is junk. There's a sequence where we watch some tv chef cook something. The Cantina? Chewie's son watches some strange show on his tv box thing. And then I think Chewie's dad had a strange erotic dream with some woman dancing.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about that. I saw the Holiday Special about a week ago and it is truly awful. I mean really awful. I can't blame him for not releasing it. Especially since it appears he didn't have much to do with it.
I've never seen it, and I don't know how I would ever get a chance to see it. But I want to, just out of curiosity.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
The Boba Fett cartoon can be downloaded from starwars.sith.co.uk/videos.html. It's actually worth a look even though the video quality is pretty bad. It's Fett's first appearance TWO years before Empire.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The whole show's on Kazaa.

Smith-Hemion Productions actually owns the rights to the show and not Lucasfilm.

Fox News Channel (IIRC) recently showed a clip.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Yeah, i downloaded it a couple of months back and literally cringed at how bad it was. lol. How the main Star Wars cast would even agree to being a part of such garbage is beyond me..........but then again....it WAS the 70s. lol.
I found an extremely comical review of the holiday special:
http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/sta...y-special.html
Check out the image gallery links at the bottom of the page. Talk about hilarious.
If this were to ever be made available on DVD, I'd probably pick it up. If for no other reason that to show people how BAD it really is. lol

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Wow this is an old thread! I can't imagine how I could have missed it. I have been waiting to hear news about the Battle for Endor. My parents taped the show off TV when I was little, and we watched it so many times. I never saw the original, but I would love to own both of these on DVD. I don't think I'd pick up the cartoons though, and I don't think I would pay for the Christmas Special either, but I would probably watch it just to see what it's all about.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ok, now I want this on DVD just to hear Leia sing that song.

I love things that are so bad they cycle around again to being good, now I really want to see this...it must happen.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I just picked up the two Ewoks movies on DVD from a laserdisc source and they look pretty damn good. Haven't sat down to watch them fully yet through.
And now with all this talk about the Holiday Special...I just may have to dig out my VHS and put it onto DVD. :)

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
I absolutely loved Battle for Endor when I was little :)
My brother and I practically watched it everyday!
It would be very cool if these were released on DVD, I would buy them in a heartbeat!
Bad acting? As stated earlier...it's a hell of a lot better than the acting in Ep II.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
If they do release the Holiday Special it should have a special MST3K style version with Lucas, R2-D2 and C-3PO tearing into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks