What's new

Ewoks & Droids DVDs (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Does anybody know whether these dvds have the episodes in order (starting from the beginning) and if they plan on releasing it in volumes rather than a box set?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
These aren't individual episodes from the animated series, they're TV specials/movies which present cut and spliced portions of episodes merged together into one long-running feature.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
So the episodes are incomplete that sucks. I really hope the do release season sets. I bought the Tv movies and its pretty good.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Matthew, you're confusing the live action and cartoon DVDs.

The live action movies are The Ewok Adventure (aka Caravan of Courage), and Battle for Endor.

There are also two cartoon releases of Droids and Ewoks. These are not by any stretch the entire animated series. They are edited compilations, the same ones that were released on VHS in the early 90s.

I would buy a season/series set of Droids in a heartbeat. But I'm not touching this small sampling.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby

To be fair, they each include 4 more episodes edited together.

I still didn't buy them. This is what really ticks me off:

"There has been considerable interest in these titles from the core fan base for some time, so we've packed these DVDs with two features each to offer even more than they ever hoped for," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. "We're excited to bring these productions to DVD and introduce them to a new audience of young fans."

I'm pretty sure most of us had been hoping for complete releases. Do they think we don't know that the rest of the cartoons exist? There are 15 Droids cartoons and 35 of Ewoks. They have released 8 episodes from each without the intros and credits. And that's more than we ever could've hoped for? Please. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks