Evil Dead Lunchbox dvd set!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Louis_P, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Louis_P

Louis_P Stunt Coordinator

I bought this today and freaked out I've never seen these before in stores.The store had around 8-9 of these lunchboxes.It's from anchorbay and they came out in 2001.So how rare are these and does anyone own one? When did they go out of print? The dvd is the same Evil Dead dvd that came in the jewel cases I think back in 1999.

2. Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon Stunt Coordinator

The Anchor Bay website used to say they were available for a limited time but, from what I've seen, there's been plenty around -- My local FYE (or, "FU" as I like to call them) has had them since x-mas 2001, or so. Also I've seen them at Sam Goody, Best Buy and Manifest stores. There's also a version with the VHS tape inside. As I understand it, these "tins" have not been as popular with collectors as those ltd. ed. lunchboxes (NECA? Is that the co's name that makes 'em?) that came with a thermos. Maybe because of the barebones video?

Still, I've never even opened mine! It just looks neat on me shelf. Mine was 30 bucks, too. Hope you got a better price!

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I bought just the lunchbox at Spencer's Gifts for like $6 a while back. I put my lunch in it for high school and it now adorns my shelf. [​IMG]

4. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I still see quite a few around myself, very cool!