What's new

Evil Dead Book Of The Dead with same supplements? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if the Evil Dead Book of the Dead dvd had the exact same supplements as the other new dvd of The Evil Dead.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
If you do not want the nifty packaging, you can just pick up the Evil Dead: 20th Anniversary Edition.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
They BOTD has a few extra featurettes than the new movie-only edition. Search the other threads for what specifically, I don't remember.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the correction...

I forgot that the Book of The Dead edition has the documentary Fanalysis by Bruce Campbell along with other stuff.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I also noticed that this was an "Limited Edition". Was there only a certain number of these pressed or is that a marketing ploy like the "limited Edition" Saving Private Ryan. What is so limited with Saving Private Ryan? There everywhere.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
The Fanalysis documentary is quite good. I'm not someone who usually gushes over extras, but it's something I'll be revisiting, along with the film, of course. Your mileage may vary.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
There are also two DVD Easter Eggs that are exclusive to The Book of the Dead edition (a one-disc package, by the way, but waaaaaay cool).
Everybody at work wanted to squish my book and pretend to wear it on their face, particularly with the ear on the back cover ("What...? What...? I can't hear you!").

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
There is one easter egg on both of the extra features menu pages on the "Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead" DVD. I don't know if they're present on the standard version, though. Anyways, on the first extra features page, highlight the Deadite fish (yes, a Deadite fish) and you'll access a makeup test, and on the second page, highlight the skull on the left and you'll access footage from a panel discussion from a screening of the new widescreen version last Halloween. Producer Rob Tapert and stars Betsy Baker and Sarah York are on the panel.

RichardL

Auditioning
I also noticed that this was an "Limited Edition". Was there only a certain number of these pressed or is that a marketing ploy like the "limited Edition" Saving Private Ryan. What is so limited with Saving Private Ryan? There everywhere.
I read that The BOTD is going to be limited to 20,000 pressings.

Richard

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You would be passing up on many extras on the second disc of supplements in addition to the packaging.
No, you wouldn't. While the "BotD" DOES include some additional materials, it DOESN'T have a second DVD. Both versions are single-platter affairs.

Personally, I think the "BotD" is a rip-off. You're spending an extra $30 retail for two good but unspectacular featurettes and a bad-smelling rubber case. In my review, I recommended the standard version for all but the most obsessive fans...

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just cancelled my order for the regualar issue and ordered Book Of The Dead for $29.99 thru Deepdiscountdvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks