Evil Dead 2 Blood Red LD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hennigan, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Jason Hennigan

Jason Hennigan Stunt Coordinator

Jason Hennigan
    A friend of mine was asking me about this release, and I know nothing about it, so I'm now curious.

What exactly is the Evil Dead 2 Limited Edition Blood Red Laserdisc? Anything special about it, other than the fact that it's red?

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    That disc also contains a commentary track and behind-the-scenes footage. It's the same commentary as on the currently-available SE DVD from Anchor Bay, but I don't think that all of the behind-the-scenes footage made it into the documentary on that DVD.

DJ

3. MikeSilver

MikeSilver Stunt Coordinator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the red disc version the first press run and the other pressings after that were regular coloured? I've got the blood red disc. [​IMG]

4. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

5. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

6. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson Second Unit

Here is a scan from my web site review for the ED2 blood red LD.

[​IMG]

A full size scan be been viewed here

I recall reading that Troma released a special Toxic Avenger laserdisc in a bright green color. There were also many gold colored laserdiscs released in Japan, as well as some in the states (Evil Dead SE box from Elite, as well as the Synapse laserdisc releases).

The Elite ED2 SE blood red disc is great. It was one of the first few discs I purchased. I had it autographed by Bruce Campbell at a convention. I'd hold onto the disc either way, but it's a must keep with the autograph. Someday when I have my own home theater roomI'm going to buy one of those vinyl record frames that will display both the disc itself and the artwork.